Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

**axis A20

Mad_Russian

What can anybody tell me about the 2011 Axis A20? I am looking at one and my primary use for this boat is wakeboarding and wakesurfing. I don't know what a 20 ft. boat will perform like? Haven't found a lot of help on the subject.

What can anybody tell me about the 2011 Axis A20? I am looking at one and my primary use for this boat is wakeboarding and wakesurfing. I don't know what a 20 ft. boat will perform like? Haven't found a lot of help on the subject.

i havent driven a 20 but just bought a 22. from what i understand both perform very similarly. I'm on the AXIS fishing line hook line and sinker. many of the cost-savings are for things i actually like better (metal, ventilated interior walls, non-wrap cushions etc.).

I rode behind an A20 a good few times this summer and when weighted properly, they throw a pretty sick wake man, mainly for wakeboarding. The surf wake is a little tougher to tune in so I hear, but quite doable.

Otherwise its a super solid, simple boat. Good luck in your purchase!!

I rode behind the same boat. It was really nice. The surf wave is certainly respectable as well. The issue if I remember was the larger swim platform gets into the wave a bit. I remember hearing guys are putting smaller platforms on to help the wave.

Overall I was very impressed with the A20. Thumbup.gif

Take a look at the Axis boat forums, lots of good stuff there.

If/When I buy a NEW boat, it will probably be an Axis. The cost savings and what we use it for (wakeboarding and surfing) are perfect.

I have read on the forums that the new swim step, with the rounded corners helped clean the surf wake.

I cant wait to take a test run in one, I too am looking at the A20. the A22 is just a little too big for our lake. Not sure yet though, things may change.

Take a look at the Axis boat forums, lots of good stuff there.

If/When I buy a NEW boat, it will probably be an Axis. The cost savings and what we use it for (wakeboarding and surfing) are perfect.

I have read on the forums that the new swim step, with the rounded corners helped clean the surf wake.

I cant wait to take a test run in one, I too am looking at the A20. the A22 is just a little too big for our lake. Not sure yet though, things may change.

I didn't realize they changed the platform. That's awesome they recognized the issue and responded that quickly. Thumbup.gif

I have a a22 and my buddy has a 20, they're really similar wakeboarding wakes. . . the surfing wake I couldn't tell because i've never surfed behind the 20. If you can go with the 20 ft boat I would def. go with it over mb. the 21 mb wakeboard wake doesn't even compare to the Axis. MB might be a little more plusher, but the wake behind Axis is hard to beat in my opinion.

For the money, MB also seems like a wise boat to take a look at.

They made a wise move in dropping the price of their boats after the recession hit because....not to mince words, that boat was WAAYYYYYYYYY overpriced for what you got. At 50k-ish starting they are a decent boat with an EPIC like ballast system. I would not, ever, buy one for more than what the price has settled at.