Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

04 sunscape 23lsv wake?

skobi1

I am considering purchasing an 04 sunscape 23lsv. It is on the v25 diamond hull. I am currently using a 2000 wakesetter vlx with about 2000lbs of ballast. I was told the diamond hull charachteristics only come into play at slalom speeds and won't affect the wakeboarding wake too much when weighted. Is this true? or should I hold out for a wakesetter 23lsv. If anyone has ridden behind both the 23 diamond and the 23 wake hulls I wold love some input.

Thanks

Welcome to the site. :)

If you're a wakeboarder currently with a VLX, I'd hold out for the Wakesetter, but that's just me. I've been behind the older Diamond hull & its boarding wake was just fine for me, but the '04 is different & I can't speak to how it performs (I'm going to take a stab & say probably better :)).

If you're used to a Wakesetter VLX with 2k lbs ballast, you will be disappointed with the 23-foot diamond hull. It would take a LOT more weight, and not come close to the wake you already have. Not only is the hull bigger and harder to sink, the diamond hull is designed to ride high, not sink into the water for bigger wakes.

I've read several stories on this site regarding wakeboarders disappointed with the Diamond hull. If you were a novice I'd say no problem it will be adequate, but the fact you ride a VLX with 2k ballast tells me you are far from a novice.

I'm with Wakegirl, I'd hold out.

we got the ws lsv, best choice ever. I think we are all assuming that you wakeboard only. If that is true, hold out for the wakesetter. If you ski, the dimond hull might be an ok solution, maybe.