Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Anybody Ever Redid The Wood/interior Of A 91 Sunsetter?

91Sunsetter

We had a lot of water damage with the front bow seating this year. So we decided to rebuild the top section. Luckly the carpet all came off good and the vinyl is perfect. Problem is the wood was so rotted and damaged we can not accurately measure for a template to build a new one. We are gonna just try and blueprint the area and rebuild off that. But I was hoping maybe somebody had already rebuilt the bow seating and had some specs...... I thought I saw a post on here where a guy redid all his interior on the same boat. Red, white, and black I believe.

We had a lot of water damage with the front bow seating this year. So we decided to rebuild the top section. Luckly the carpet all came off good and the vinyl is perfect. Problem is the wood was so rotted and damaged we can not accurately measure for a template to build a new one. We are gonna just try and blueprint the area and rebuild off that. But I was hoping maybe somebody had already rebuilt the bow seating and had some specs...... I thought I saw a post on here where a guy redid all his interior on the same boat. Red, white, and black I believe.

I want to say that was Rugger but I had to much fun over the hoilday to be thinking clearly yet this morning. MA may have something in hand to help you.

Here's all the pics from when rugger did the Sunsetter.

https://picasaweb.google.com/103899927922715396516/MalibuSeatsRebuiltAndRedesigned

I don't believe there are any measurements of it. I know rugger used the old seat bases as templates when rebuilding the seats. I would take a tape and a square and go to town making up a design for new seats. That's one cool thing about these boats, you have design freedom when rebuilding the interior to come up with anything you want. Thumbup.gif