Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Surf Wracks

A-hole

my 2010 ,23 lsv,wakesetter currently has 2 factory wracks..1 each side

2 water ski wracks (extreme..i think) ..1 each side

is there a surfboard only wracks that can be added to each side?then the boat would have 6 total wracks...has anyone done this or will there be room to do this ?

my 2010 ,23 lsv,wakesetter currently has 2 factory wracks..1 each side

2 water ski wracks (extreme..i think) ..1 each side

is there a surfboard only wracks that can be added to each side?then the boat would have 6 total wracks...has anyone done this or will there be room to do this ?

I'll take by a lack of responce, that 6 wracks have not been done yet....here?

I have not seen it done. Anything is possible but you will probably be better off going with combo racks and leaving it at four racks. if you have to add more your going to need to look at attaching to the tube portion of the tower. this will move the rack forward and be kinda weird. some of us have had straps stitched into our Bimini`s that will hold a few surf boards. something to consider.

Do you have the G3? I've never seen more than 2 racks per side. I don't think there are mounting points for more than 2 on the G3. I've seen people strap their surf boards to the cross bars on top of the tower.

I have not seen it done. Anything is possible but you will probably be better off going with combo racks and leaving it at four racks. if you have to add more your going to need to look at attaching to the tube portion of the tower. this will move the rack forward and be kinda weird. some of us have had straps stitched into our Bimini`s that will hold a few surf boards. something to consider.

this would be the preferred, too put on the bimini.more racks also.

But, the hard bimini like many supra have, I've seen the boards on . Can our bimini accomidate 2 boards?

any photos.

they really allow you to expand your equipment up top. having 8 boards take up 2 hardpoints, leaving the other 2 open for surfboards or skis is awesome.

Edited by MARiley

The RACKS on my '03 WS23LSV hold 8 "regular" boards but I have 2 "fat" surf board RACKS that I can easily swap out that makes it 6 boards - 2 surf style and 4 skim.

I have 2 racks each side, bottom come straight out and hold 2 wakeboards each, top racks are tilted a slight up angle, bottom slot is for surf top is for wakeboard. so i can hold 8 total boards (u to 2 fat). I am not sure how you would find the space to get more on? only thing I have seen is guys placing straps or custom racks on the top of the tower to lay or mount surfboards flat.

u just run out of room IMHO.....

brad,

if that is you in the profile shot...,nice riding.can you get a shot of your tower lay out.I need more room

The RACKS on my '03 WS23LSV hold 8 "regular" boards but I have 2 "fat" surf board RACKS that I can easily swap out that makes it 6 boards - 2 surf style and 4 skim.