Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2007 Wakesetter Vlx

rus_teee

Hey guys,

just curious to know what you think the "perfect" ballast is with stock tanks for wakeboarding. We just picked up a boat yesterday and had an awesome time but wondered what other people did.

How full on each tank and how many people on the boat to make optimum wake.

Cheers,

Timbo

Fill all four tanks and 6-7 adults w/ at least one person up front 200lbs + = killer wake. Is it necessary no. I've added a 750, 400 and 2x250lbs extra plus four people in all honesty wasn't worth it the stock wake just as good if not better. These boat really put of the best wakes with a bit more weight upfront than stock, other than that you kinda waste time and money.

Agreed, put some extra up front in the side pouches and filler up. A little extra up front helps the wake by making it firmer. I have done a lot with the weight in the boat. At one time I had around 800lbs of lead spread out around the boat. I am now down to maybe 200lbs, mostly towards the front. The best and safest way to get extra weight up front is by putting a shut off vavle under the drivers seat where the drain line goes out for the front ballast. Once the tank is full close that valve and the valve to the fill pump, by doing this you keep all the water in the front tank and it makes a difference. You would be surprised how much you lose while pulling someone. JUST REMEMBER TO OPEN THE VALVE BEFORE YOU DRAIN THE TANK, otherwise you will burn up the pump and god only knows what else would happen.