Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Need all your opinion

prion

Hey Crew,

What do you all think would be a fair price for a 2011 Vride on a dual axel trailer, with roughly 100 hr's and pretty much zero options. Im talking nothing. No board racks, wedge, bimini, stereo or pop up cleats. Id love to hear your thoughts.

Thanks

Take the cost of an average equiped ride, deduct for the lack of options and deduct again for the hassel of having the options installed or doing it your self. Seriously something that bare will be difficult to sell so it should be easy to pick up cheep.

Hey Crew,

What do you all think would be a fair price for a 2011 Vride on a dual axel trailer, with roughly 100 hr's and pretty much zero options. Im talking nothing. No board racks, wedge, bimini, stereo or pop up cleats. Id love to hear your thoughts.

Thanks

$40,000 +/- a few thousand. I've seen a 2011 with pretty much everything (and then some - extra ballast plumbed in, stereo upgrade) around $55,000.

Call me crazy, but I don't think it's truly worth more than mid 30s because it seems like you could get a lot more boat on than hull for low 40s in an 06-07 vlx. For example....

http://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/boa/2753557313.html

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/esd/boa/2731380041.html

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/boa/2730727800.html

http://dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/boa/2671977216.html

It's been said before, but it's worth exactly what you're willing to pay. A boats value is different to each person, and it's always worth more to the owner than to anyone else. So be careful of taking everyone's opinion to much to heart. It might be the perfect boat for you, and you'll kick yourself if you don't buy it. But others shouldn't make that decision for you.

In regards to options, you can add options to your boat all day long, after you own it. A manual wedge is a very straightforward and easy install on a V-drive, and a power wedge isn't that much harder. (Just takes more time)

Peter.

Simple answer- NO wedge NO deal. The wedge is NOT something you can just add and will be a deal breaker for 99% of the boat buyers out there.

Thats great advice, most everyone who is searching for a wakesetter will want the wedge, this would also be a dealbreaker for me.

Simple answer- NO wedge NO deal. The wedge is NOT something you can just add and will be a deal breaker for 99% of the boat buyers out there.

True for anyone into board sports. But if you have a Malibu without a Wedge, list it on FoilForum & it'll sell. We love'em... especially any of the newer boats in the last 5 or 6 yrs.

Lots of factors, was this a demo boat or something? Do you get a new boat warranty, if not when was the in service date?

If you like the boat, the colors, the tower and the motor pretty much any other option you want can be installed.

To be honest with those options I wouldn't trade it for my 05. Not to be an insult (really) just to give you an idea of what I think the value would be.

Unless you get it really cheap I would pass.

If you think that you will keep her for five to ten years, then offer $25k or $30k. I would be happy in that price range, knowing that I would get to add the options I want, the way that I want to add them

if you get it for that you have room to add what is important to you.

If you are going to replace it every two years, skip it.

just my 2 cents

I must be missing something.

I install Wedges on boats all the time. What is the issue here?

Peter

If you think that you will keep her for five to ten years, then offer $25k or $30k. I would be happy in that price range, knowing that I would get to add the options I want, the way that I want to add them

if you get it for that you have room to add what is important to you.

If you are going to replace it every two years, skip it.

just my 2 cents

Does it the wedge mounting bracket? Floater or power? Or was it ordered with absolutely no wedge? What about a tower, G3? ($7k)

Sounds like a boat I would buy, but not it's not for everyone. You get to customize it your way but you have to acquire the equipment and do the work. $40k would be the most I'd pay for it. JM2C

Does it the wedge mounting bracket? Floater or power? Or was it ordered with absolutely no wedge? What about a tower, G3? ($7k)

Sounds like a boat I would buy, but not it's not for everyone. You get to customize it your way but you have to acquire the equipment and do the work. $40k would be the most I'd pay for it. JM2C

It has absolutly no wedge at all. it does have a g3 but completly bare.