Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Bottle Opener.

WoodyBC

I bought a bottle opener (the old fashion type you screw to the wall) to mount on the bu. Where have you guys put yours? I'm not into putting screws in the fiberglass unless I have to, and I really dont want to put it somewhere its going to cause knee damage..

Suggestions?

Thanks, Woody

I am surprised that you guys take glass out in the boat. Game warden will give you a ticket in TX if he sees you with it.

That's an unusual law.

I don't drink any beer out of a can.

edit,

considering you can do this in TX...

Image032-1.jpg

Edited by Pistol Pete

I am surprised that you guys take glass out in the boat. Game warden will give you a ticket in TX if he sees you with it.

I've seen plenty of guys on the net get uptight about it. But then again some guys won't eat on their boats either.

I've never had an issue. We've had problems with people getting cut from the cans so I don't really see that their a lot safer.

This is the only use I have found for my wedding ring... It does come in handy I must admit.

I learned how to do this after chipping my hand by knocking caps off of Corona beers after a wedding. Long story short, they brought the wedding party a basket of beers with no opener, we were taking pics and didn't have time to go get an opener etc... I am sure you have seen a beer opened by knocking the top off... I don't suggest doing 20 of them. :whistle:

Edited by Debt Setter

We only use plastic mainly because it's resealable, so I really have nothing to add except this:

I was in PacSun the other day and saw these sandals from Reef called "Bottoms Up". They actually have a metal cleat in the sole for opening bottles.

post-12034-047965300 1324310251_thumb.jp

First of all, who would open a bottle to drink out of with the nasty bottom of a sandal that has stepped in God knows what?

Second, that bottle opener would do some serious damage to the gel coat and vinyl.

Another great reason for no shoes on the boat. If you don't have that rule, check your guest's sandals before allowing them aboard!

We only use plastic mainly because it's resealable, so I really have nothing to add except this:

I was in PacSun the other day and saw these sandals from Reef called "Bottoms Up". They actually have a metal cleat in the sole for opening bottles.

post-12034-047965300 1324310251_thumb.jp

First of all, who would open a bottle to drink out of with the nasty bottom of a sandal that has stepped in God knows what?

Second, that bottle opener would do some serious damage to the gel coat and vinyl.

Another great reason for no shoes on the boat. If you don't have that rule, check your guest's sandals before allowing them aboard!

:crazy: Uh, guess i'm one of those who would. It was always just a novelty, not something we used all the time. Never had a problem with them on the boat though. The hook is recessed in the soul a bit & never left any marks....... not that I'm climbing around on the boat very often with them on.

Hate to burst your bubble but that is light beer.... ;) I just have a bottle opener in the glove compartment for the times it's needed.

Reminds of this one I found late last summer...... not exactly a light summer beer. But I'd be willing to bet it's right up Pete's alley. :rockon:

nb-fat-tire-can.jpg

:crazy:Uh, guess i'm one of those who would. It was always just a novelty, not something we used all the time. Never had a problem with them on the boat though. The hook is recessed in the soul a bit & never left any marks....... not that I'm climbing around on the boat very often with them on.

That might explain a few things... :Tease3:

The ones I saw were flush with the sole or recessed maybe 1/8" into soft rubber. Looked like they could be expensive in the long run. :dontknow: I figured someone had some out there, they had about 15 different styles in a mall in central WI, so I can imagine how many they sell on the coasts.

I have had the Reefs for several years and they do work pretty good. One thing to remember is when you are wearing them you dont want to step on the fenders. That left a pretty good scar in the paint!

Hate to burst your bubble but that is light beer.... ;) I just have a bottle opener in the glove compartment for the times it's needed.

No doubt about that. But lets face it, when your out on the boat, getting loaded isn't the best idea, even if your not the primary driver. 6 of those & I've got a good buzz goin on. But 6 Keystone Lights & I'm ready for 6 more!

It's interesting you say that Malibuzer. Because I'm sure I step on the fenders with the Reefs on far more often than stepping into the boat. I did install diamond plate on top of the fenders some years ago & usually make a point to step on the DP rather than the paint. And I try to kick the sandals off before jumping in the boat. We usually store all the shoes in the back corner seat. :unsure:

Edited by Bill_AirJunky