Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Hull issues

Hey Malibu owners,

Any of you have the problem with the inside walls of the ski locker separating from the hull. Is this covered under malibu's hull warranty? (Y/N). Anyone done a DIY repair with results?

Thanks, Curt. 1996 SunsetterLX

Hey Curt,

Never heard of this myself, mine is glassed in so I dont understand how the seperation can happen. Are you saying that the glass is delaminating? If so I would think that this would be under the hull warranty. This however is just my opinion. Some pictures (use flicker and post a link) may help in deciding how best to handel the operation as well as a DIY option.

There are some guys on here that have completely rebuilt older Bu's, I am sure they may have some options.

Curt, the limited lifetime warranty may apply, the dealer members on here could better answer that. This kind of sounds like a problem I had. I repaired the juncture where the upper and lower hull pieces are joined where the trash can is located (rear/strbrd side) on my '10. It was due to poor finish work and is not part of the hull per se, just the radiused transition (a patch) where the two pieces join, mostly cosmetic. I was getting water under the floor where there were no drains so the water would just sit and stink. Anyway could of taken it in for warranty work but decided to do it myself. I went to Auto Zone and got the fiberglass/resin kit and it worked great. Just like painting the prep work is the key to a good finished product, it turned out better than the factory but no one can see my work under the trash can. :) Good luck.

Curt, the limited lifetime warranty may apply, the dealer members on here could better answer that. This kind of sounds like a problem I had. I repaired the juncture where the upper and lower hull pieces are joined where the trash can is located (rear/strbrd side) on my '10. It was due to poor finish work and is not part of the hull per se, just the radiused transition (a patch) where the two pieces join, mostly cosmetic. I was getting water under the floor where there were no drains so the water would just sit and stink. Anyway could of taken it in for warranty work but decided to do it myself. I went to Auto Zone and got the fiberglass/resin kit and it worked great. Just like painting the prep work is the key to a good finished product, it turned out better than the factory but no one can see my work under the trash can. :) Good luck.

Thanks for the input. I'll try dealer first to see about warranty. If it is not covered, I'll DIY. Thanks Again! Curt.

Edited by CurtB