Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Upgrade help

Gaffster01

I just purchased a 2010 Axis and have some money for some upgrades. Problem is Im not sure where to start. Here are my choices heater, ski pylon, docking lights, under water lights, V2 tower upgrade. (or any other recommendations) One big question I have is with the heater. I have never owned or been on a boat with one. Is it worth the money, or is it one of those things that sound nice that you rarely use or doesn't work very well? I cant afford to do all if these this year (dont want to burn my stereo money) any thoughts would be welcome.

Thanks!

Edited by Gaffster01

My favorite part of boating is being 70' behind the boat with the handle in my hand. That means I need a driver -- the Mrs. If she enjoys driving the boat everybody is happy....

We use our heater ALL THE TIME. In the middle of summer I'll run it in the morning. I'm actually strongly considering installing a second heater over the winter, so I'd have a total of five pull out hot tubes. If you live where you might be on the water when the air temp it's in the 60s, a heater is awesome. If your driver might ever get cold and wish he (or SHE) was warmer, it's totally worth it. It also lets you get more use out of the boat in the spring when it's not warmed up yet and in the fall when it's cooling off.

If you get a heater be sure to get the heatercraft y pipe (search that term) and install it inline in the raw water intake before the raw water pump.

YUP, you need it. I am almost done installing mine, and as soon as I get to the lake to make sure I did it right, I will post a detailed thread in the DIY section. (it would be pretty embarrassing to figure out I did not do it right after I post a 'how to' thread.

Even in the evenings, when people are wet, a little hot air helps a ton to keep people from complaining when you need to take that last butter set at sunset.

Hot shower. Good for heating up cold hands, feet, neoprene. Also good for a "shot of hot" in the wetsuit before you take the plunge. I have also used mine to wash blood off the boat. :yuk: Put a helmet on your list too.

Sounds like a heater is a must. Has any buddy retrofitted the tower to V2?

I haven't yet Gaffster, but if you fold the tower much I'd recommend it in a heartbeat. Straightforward install and deletes 4 knobs to remove! :)

Peter