Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Spring Break Suggestions

CincyKid

The family wants to do a little boating during Spring break in Mid April. We live in southern Ohio and I was wondering how far south we need to go to get 60 degree water that time of year. Also any suggestions on lakes would be great.

The family wants to do a little boating during Spring break in Mid April. We live in southern Ohio and I was wondering how far south we need to go to get 60 degree water that time of year. Also any suggestions on lakes would be great.

Might be a little further than you want to go but, The Highland Lake Chain near Austin, Texas will have at least 60 degree if not warmer water, plus there are 6 lakes to explore.

By mid April we should be getting close to 80 in Central Florida. It's in the 60's now...

right now in n central fla, water temp is 65. Which, BTW, is way too cold for anyone here in Florida to even think about skiing. We're a bunch of wussies.

By mid April we should be getting close to 80 in Central Florida. It's in the 60's now...

right now in n central fla, water temp is 65. Which, BTW, is way too cold for anyone here in Florida to even think about skiing. We're a bunch of wussies.

I'm with ya, man...I won't even get in my pool until it's about 85 degrees

But you realize we are going to get abused for posting these numbers, right???

Edited by rts

I'm with ya, man...I won't even get in my pool until it's about 85 degrees

It's funny how one acclamates to there surroundings.

When I moved to Lake Havasu AZ from No. CA, I was amazed how no one was jet skiing, boarding, skiing Dec-March. I had the lake to myself. The cold temps didn't bother me having come from No CA.

That lasted 2 winters, after that I became a wuss too. Besides, why freeze you butt off, when you can use the lake for 9 other months Crazy.gif

Lake Lanier should be that warm by then (Atlanta). Thats a neat lake that won't get boring.

We were thinking about the Atlanta area. Any suggestions on accomodations, marina's etc. on Lanier? Any other lakes worth looking at near Atlanta?

We are heading to Palm Desert this year for spring break and my dad wanted to tow the boat all the way down there but we decided that the drive would take WAY to long if we had to do 55 mph, stupid California law. Doesn't that drive you guys crazy or do you just drive normally?

We are heading to Palm Desert this year for spring break and my dad wanted to tow the boat all the way down there but we decided that the drive would take WAY to long if we had to do 55 mph, stupid California law. Doesn't that drive you guys crazy or do you just drive normally?

My tandem trailer seems to track better at 80...

and where is that place right near the outlet from the nuclear generation plant that the guy posted his water temp. from? I bet that'd still be warm in April.

Edited by jayjoans

Lake Lanier should be that warm by then (Atlanta). Thats a neat lake that won't get boring.

We were thinking about the Atlanta area. Any suggestions on accomodations, marina's etc. on Lanier? Any other lakes worth looking at near Atlanta?

An alternative to an expensive house rental is Lake Lanier Islands. They have some cool waterfront accomodations plus a slip for your boat, resturant, spa, ect......

Pretty reasonable from what I remember.

We have had 60 degree water here in East TN in April, just depends on March. Last Year we did some CWB photos on South Holston in April last year. Ya never know!

Ok, somebody needs to call you on this, you wimp! 85° pool water??? How can you do laps or even cool down in that? That's bath water, nearly hot tub temp, sweat-inducing boiler bubbles.

65° open water would be great. Might bring the short suit if the air is chilly. I think some of you southern sissies ought to come up HERE in spring so you can say you skied in 38° water and blew the 100° rule WIDE OPEN!

C'mon! Whadaya say?