Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2008 Wakesetter LSV Tire issue on trailer

Good day all,

The trailer for my Wakesetter 23 LSV has a single tire that I am having issues with. I could either use help finding someone who could fix it in Buford, GA (Atlanta area), or some suggestions on what I should be looking for. So, let me explain the issue. When I first bought the boat (used less than a year ago) one of the tires was low on air, and I did not think much of it until it blew out and I had to replace it. Since then, I have put less than 400 miles on the tire and the inside edge is showing the steel belts. So, I am guessing bad rim, bad axel or maybe the trailer is rubbing against the tire.....the problem I have now is I cannot seem to find anyone that can fix it. The Mailbu dealer says they work with boats but not trailers.

If anyone could suggest an Atlanta area company that can come to the boat and take a look, that would be great.

Thanks in advance,

CR

Abe, I would discount the simple/obvious first. Low tire pressure is the #1 cause of blowouts so the 2 tires might not necessarily be realted. You could of just gotten a bad replacement tire, or (most likely) when the tire blew out it bent the inside of the fender lip in towards the tire and it is now rubbing on the new tire when the trailer bounces. If its not a bent fender, look at the tire on the opposite side. I would think that it should show some signs of wear on the outside of the tire if the solid axle is misaligned or otherwise damaged. If it is a Boat Mate trailer (torrsion bar axles) it would be isolated to that axle and you probably wouldn't see any opposite side wear like you would on a crooked solid axle trailer. Hope it is an easy fix.

thanks....I will check out the other side....I am hoping its not an axel....I just think the odds of 2 tires going bad are low....also going to check the inside fender lip....again, thanks for the quick response....I will post back what I find.

CR, Country Boy Trailers is in Cumming off of Hwy 9, down the street from Billy Howell Ford. I've been there several times and like them a lot. Not sure if they do on-site servcies though. Here is their website: http://www.countryboy-trailers.com/

I'm checking on one other company to see if they are still in business or not. It's called T&B Marine. I know T but not B. Used them in the past and I know they do on-site services. SMG doesn't want to deal with trailers and I understand why. I'll get back with you on T&B.

Do you store your boat in one of the storage facilities on Buford Dam Road?