Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

How many 247 buyers do we have out there?

hotrodbowtie

My 247 is on the way. I watched it get built and I would love to share info with others about their opinions and first experiences with the boat. What they are primairily using them for and such. One thing that I am particularly interested in is ski wake opinions. Yahoo.gifYahoo.gifYahoo.gif

Hotrod,

Mine should be here early February. The spray date was yesterday and I'm expecting the first photos of the build sometime today. Can't wait!

I'm not the most imaginative, so our boat is basically the same as the one in the brochure: red/black/white. We didn't do the gray deck that the brochure boat has ... that will be white on ours.

Options:

• Hammerhead (not really an option, but that's the engire we chose)
  • Depth Finder
  • Extended Bimini Top
  • Fiberglass Swim Step
  • Power Wedge
  • Billet Glove Box
  • Dual Batteries
  • Extreme Trailer w/17" Chrome Wheel/Low Profile Package, Stainless Fenders, Extended Steps and LED lights.

We're doing the stereo install ourselves. Will go bigger than factory options, but not too crazy.

We use the boat almost exclusively at Lake Mead, NV, where it can get really nasty when the wind picks up. That was one of the main reasons we got the 247. I really wanted the 23LSV but didn't like the ballast tank in the bow ... we're recreational wakeboarders at best, and the play pen bow on that boat just doesn't work for us. Very jazzed about the new boat. We sold our 2001 Tige 23V in December, and I've been jonesing to get out in the new boat ever since!

How about yours? Color, Options, Etc?

Whe have white hull and deck with ebony main and rueben accents. Interior is moonbeam, platinum, with ruben.

We went with :

All balast,

power wedge,

hammerhead,

shower,

two 3 port heaters,

illusionX with one swing board rack and one swing ski rack,

depth finder,

stereo with 10 disk changer, 8speakers with sub and amp,

bimini,

tonneau,

trailering cover,

glass swim step,

and triple axle extreme.

I have been a skier since I was a kid, with some competition along the way. Since we seem to have lots of wallies around here I have taken to surfing when it is ruff. My son boards and surfs and my daughters ski. I demoed the boat this fall and skied behind it and was surprized but I am anxious to hear others opinions on the ski wake. We typically go with another family making 11 of us in total so we need lots of room. Yahoo.gifYahoo.gifYahoo.gif

Wow, you really did go big! We don't have much need for heaters as we primarily boat in 84 degree water and 110 degree heat in the desert. What made you choose the triple axle trailer? I spoke w/Extreme and Malibu and they both assured me that the tandem would carry the weight OK. It sure looks cool w/trips though.

We don't ski at all anymore (not that I was ever any good at it anyways), so ski wake is not an issue for us. I can't wait to try out the surfing wake though. Surfing.gif This monster should through quite a nice wake for surfing!

Good luck with your new boat. I'm obsessing about mine already! Biggrin.gifBiggrin.gif

After riding with the dealer using a tripple I decided that the load being spread out and the reduced tounge load was worth it. With the boat at 4k 87 gals of premium, lots of gear, and at least 8 people it wanted to have mercy on my 1/2 ton suburban. I guess I will see if it is worth it in the long run. Plus dealer gave me a good deal on the upsize. Yahoo.gifYahoo.gifYahoo.gif

Hey HotRod - I'll be more than welcome to ski behind the 247 and give you my opinion. Biggrin.gif

You're the first other one (active, at least) on this board from Boise. welcome

Edited by mrothwell

We will have to get together and make that happen. It does have a bit larger bump than the 98 slx that I just sold but that may make it more fun . Yahoo.gifYahoo.gifYahoo.gif

We use the boat almost exclusively at Lake Mead, NV, where it can get really nasty when the wind picks up. That was one of the main reasons we got the 247.......

I really wanted the 23LSV but didn't like the ballast tank in the bow ... we're recreational wakeboarders at best, and the play pen bow on that boat just doesn't work for us.

The 247 should be ideal for Mead.

I didn't like the play pen at first, but honestly it is awesome to have. People can just go and crash up there. Plus, when we have extra junks with us it always seems to fit up there. We're just rec boarders as well.

I don't mind the play pen ... in fact, I think I'll like putting that cushion in. My gripe was with the 23LSV it was always a play pen due to the front ballast tank.

We like to walk off the bow when we get to the beach and unload all of our crap, and the walk through makes it easy. There have been many times also when we have several kids up in the front sqeezed in like sardines ... so nice for them to put their feet on the floor, etc.

We ordered ours, and have a build date in Feb. We went with Black, Yellow and white. Interior with yellow stripes, black diamond grain, and light graphite accents with white mains. Outside from bottom it goes black, yellow where the graphic is, then black, yellow, black, and the top coat is white. We went with pretty much every option, including the 8.1 since we are at altitude in Lake Arrowhead California, as well as the CFT tower, just couldn't pass it up. Our last BU was a 2000, and that tower shook like crazy, so a little shake in the CFT will be something we can definatley handle. We use the boat primarily for Wakeboarding, and sometimes skiing. We got to test drive one, and boy did it throw a great wake, nice slope, not too abrupt, but man can you fly behind it. We had the power wedge just past halfway, and the wake was perfect.

We ordered ours, and have a build date in Feb. We went with Black, Yellow and white. Interior with yellow stripes, black diamond grain, and light graphite accents with white mains. Outside from bottom it goes black, yellow where the graphic is, then black, yellow, black, and the top coat is white. We went with pretty much every option, including the 8.1 since we are at altitude in Lake Arrowhead California, as well as the CFT tower, just couldn't pass it up. Our last BU was a 2000, and that tower shook like crazy, so a little shake in the CFT will be something we can definatley handle. We use the boat primarily for Wakeboarding, and sometimes skiing. We got to test drive one, and boy did it throw a great wake, nice slope, not too abrupt, but man can you fly behind it. We had the power wedge just past halfway, and the wake was perfect.

Congrats on your new boat! Is Lake Arrowhead big enough to hold that bad boy? Biggrin.gif What a beautiful place to ride. Do you have a dock there?

That's the only way to ride there, you have to have a dock. The lake will hold it, but we will see what the surf wake does to the kids riding around in trollers. I think it just might swamp them. I'll set up some pics once we get it. We are headed to the boat show this weekend, to make sure we have everything we want, as well as some stuff they have already finished for the 2007 models. We will see what they have done for 07 and hopefully add some of those options as well. I have heard about a swivel board rack for the CFT tower??

I don't mind the play pen ... in fact, I think I'll like putting that cushion in. My gripe was with the 23LSV it was always a play pen due to the front ballast tank.

We like to walk off the bow when we get to the beach and unload all of our crap, and the walk through makes it easy. There have been many times also when we have several kids up in the front sqeezed in like sardines ... so nice for them to put their feet on the floor, etc.

Congrats on the boat. IF I did not ski, and wakeboarded only I would have gottent the 247. As a compromise and being rec. boarders and still wanting a bigger wake but the option to have a "close to comp" ski wake, went with the 23Lsv on the Sunsetter hull. That got me all the ballast and cushion in/out option (like you are used to)....

There was also a post a while ago about someone skiing behing a 247 comming from a true comp boat, and all they really noted was a bigger bump but at comp or near comp speed, it apparently wasn't to bad. Enjoy!

• 4 months later...
My 247 is on the way. I watched it get built and I would love to share info with others about their opinions and first experiences with the boat. What they are primairily using them for and such. One thing that I am particularly interested in is ski wake opinions. Yahoo.gifYahoo.gifYahoo.gif

Just got mine 1 month ago. We are in Southerna Cal. We go out to Lake havasu, AZ

The wake is huge. it is not a ski boat unless you like to get air on your ski.java script:emoticon('Yahoo.gif',%20'smid_14')