Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2012 Calendar ordering info

WakeGirl

Hey everyone,

The calendar is live & can be ordered here:

LINK to calendar

If you missed Malibudude's post containing this year's photos, you can view it here.

Thanks for the effort putting this together, and double thanks for June. I now have a new name for the boat "Miss June 2012" !!

Thanks for putting this together!

Hopefully I am not out of line for saying this...

for Pennery's May photo, why wasn't it cropped/rotated to have the boat and horizon level? It is an awesome scenery shot and I am not dogging anyone....it just caught my eye as looking un-natural.

Maybe cropping would lead to not meeting the resolution requirements???? Just curious, that is all.

Also, is it possible to order more calendars than we originally stated in the other thread? I don't want to "steal" a calendar from someone if there are only a preset amount available.

Also, is it possible to order more calendars than we originally stated in the other thread? I don't want to "steal" a calendar from someone if there are only a preset amount available.

You can order as many as you want. :biggrin:

Thanks for putting this together!

Hopefully I am not out of line for saying this...

for Pennery's May photo, why wasn't it cropped/rotated to have the boat and horizon level? It is an awesome scenery shot and I am not dogging anyone....it just caught my eye as looking un-natural.

Maybe cropping would lead to not meeting the resolution requirements???? Just curious, that is all.

Kinda think the opposite. The boat points to in the direction of endless killer glass. If the boat didn't have a distinctive color scheme I could see orienting to the boat as you suggest, in this case the original layout just seemed to surreal to make any changes to it. Artistic styling is always subjective.

The other problem with rotating that photo were with the rope & horizon at the rear of the boat. In order to get a full bleed on the page, a certain amount of excess on the edges is needed, & I had very little to work with by the time the photo was rotated & cropped. So it was a judgement call on my part to leave it as is. I choose to look at the photo as an artist's (photographer's) interpretation. :biggrin:

Oh & as Malibudude said, you can order as many as you want with the way that this is set up. No worries at all as far as what you committed to, that doesn't matter at all.

For international peeps, I thought about placing a bulk order & then shipping them for you but it really wouldn't have saved you any money on shipping (it may have actually cost more to do it that way) & this way you'll get them sooner. International shipping has really become brutal in the past couple of years.

I am sure I have the same photo with the boat sitting level. That was our first trip with the new Canon 60d and I definitely dont claim to be any sort of artist at all but was trying different angles that morning. I actually like that angle personally. I must have taken 1000 pictures of the boat during that trip. My wife was starting to question whether I loved the boat more than my kids.

I can't believe all of the shots. They look awesome... I guess you are going to make me bite the bullet now and order a few calendars..

Thanks Malibudude and WakeGirl! My wife was the photographer for our November shot. She's psyched! That had been a cold, dreary, rainy day and all of a sudden the light changed and the sun lit up the far side of the bay. We ran around like crazy - so much so that she fell out of our kayak, but that's a different story - in an attempt to catch it, but we missed it. We feel lucky to have been chosen anyway.

I'm loving all of the photos. Misty morning LXI, mirror image VRides, sunsets, glass, and 'Bus front-and-center. :thumbup: And I've always been a fan of some of those pics that "break the rules" a little bit. I must say I'm surprised that RedRum's "Mars" picture isn't in there. His September photo actually looks like it might have been taken here on Earth!

I've got 4 on the way. Thanks again.

Thank you (and the others that submitted photos) for allowing us to use the photos. We may pull it together in the end, but it's the community that really makes this calendar.

I suppose its too late to suggest that the 12 owners of the pics used get a free calendar? Maybe an idea for next year to try and get more submissions.

Thanks Malibudude and WakeGirl! My wife was the photographer for our November shot. She's psyched! That had been a cold, dreary, rainy day and all of a sudden the light changed and the sun lit up the far side of the bay. We ran around like crazy - so much so that she fell out of our kayak, but that's a different story - in an attempt to catch it, but we missed it. We feel lucky to have been chosen anyway.

I'm loving all of the photos. Misty morning LXI, mirror image VRides, sunsets, glass, and 'Bus front-and-center. :thumbup: And I've always been a fan of some of those pics that "break the rules" a little bit. I must say I'm surprised that RedRum's "Mars" picture isn't in there. His September photo actually looks like it might have been taken here on Earth!

I've got 4 on the way. Thanks again.

I submitted that photo, but it didn't quite meet the resolution requirements. I had taken the photo with a different camera and forgot to change the picture size from "email" sized pictures. I am still kicking myself for that :Doh:

I suppose its too late to suggest that the 12 owners of the pics used get a free calendar? Maybe an idea for next year to try and get more submissions.

Yeah, a little late this year. Honestly, the site doesn't make much on these things to do that though. But it's something to look into for next year.

I submitted that photo, but it didn't quite meet the resolution requirements. I had taken the photo with a different camera and forgot to change the picture size from "email" sized pictures. I am still kicking myself for that :Doh:

I feel your pain I submitted this photo many years ago, everryone liked it but the resolution was in the tank.post-23-033272400 1323877728_thumb.jpg

Thanks to the Mod's for choosing one my pics this year, if at first you don't succeed ...

I feel your pain I submitted this photo many years ago, everryone liked it but the resolution was in the tank.post-23-033272400 1323877728_thumb.jpg

Thanks to the Mod's for choosing one my pics this year, if at first you don't succeed ...

Ya, you did and the reso was just too low to make the pic quality. Killer photo one of my favorites.