Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Family Holiday

Ozfabs

After 5 days of skiing, surfing & foiling ( with the occasional beer in the evening ), I'm beat!!!

3 generations of our family ( 10 of us ) went to Grafton ( NSW Australia ) and had a blast.

We were blessed to have the best water, weather and good times.

A few pics from the trip

post-11172-013365200 1323761046_thumb.jp

post-11172-020078000 1323761062_thumb.jp

post-11172-017705000 1323761114_thumb.jp

Sounds like a blast ... nice pics ... can't for for another 6 months here in the states.

All of our family vacations involved being on the water.

I'll be half way thru my season in 6 months! I count less than 4 to go.

Looks like a great time OP!

I'll be half way thru my season in 6 months! I count less than 4 to go.

Looks like a great time OP!

I am with you. April 15 is my target date to kick off our season. I have been in as early as March but last year was a hart breaker didn't get started until May 1. It was just pi$$ poor weather and a lake full of junk. It was the latest start since I had a cottage or house on the lake. My docks and lift were in but just no reason for a boat.

Sounds like you had a great time.Ozfabs. I am :drool: One place I have yet to get to but hope to some day.

Edited by Sixball

How many times did you boat last year? :whistle:

Ha!! Twice as many as if I waited 'till June!

I am with you. April 15 is my target date to kick off our season. I have been in as early as March but last year was a hart breaker didn't get started until May 1. It was just pi$$ poor weather and a lake full of junk. It was the latest start since I had a cottage or house on the lake. My docks and lift were in but just no reason for a boat.

I used to get in the day the ice came off. Ours is a deep lake, and the last in the area to thaw, so by the time it's thawed air temps are no longer a concern. I put on the diver's suit and get the lift in, then a quick session. Water is in the 40's. Last year was horrible, got the gear in but hardly used anything, so cold and rainy. This year the kids have spring break April 2 thru 6, and hopefully my stuff's going in and we have good weather.

Thanks OP for making me think spring!!!

It's a lovely place to holiday and most of the shed owners have Malibu's :rockon:

Unfortunately the State of NSW and the fun police that run the waterway police are trying to ban wakesurfing by implementing a ' no person towed within 7 meters of boat ' law.

post-11172-025471200 1323812862_thumb.jp

Ozfabs, make sure you keep a copy of the NSW regs handy.

The rule is specifically the rope length, there is no mention of how far off the transom the rider or even the rope must be!!

As long as your rope is 7 meters or longer you are operating within the rules. Having a copy of the handbook could be handy to point this out to waterways if they try and ping you.

Dont let them mis interpret the rules!!!

Ha ha!! The weather here in southern Australia is good for about 8 to 9 months of the year.

I can ride in winter with just a 1mm heater top and boardies!!

Further north where ozfabs is from it's a year long season:)

Edited by notorious_benny