Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Replace Rear Seat MUX Switch

Tacostik

My MUX switch in the middle of the rear seats on my 08 LSV has not worked since I have owned the boat. I don't really care if it works and was thinking about pulling it and putting something in its place. I think I saw at some point I saw a pic of a WS plaque where the switch is in my boat. Would I need to do some sort of custom mount if I pulled the switch? Anyone done this?

Taco you just pop the chrome plastic over off the mux switch, remove the two phillips screws and pull the mux switch out. It will have a plug you'll need to remove on the back side. Have you checked that plug to make sure it's plugged in? The wakesetter emblem just screws in where the mux switch goes.

This is what it looks like. You'll have to scroll through and see the pic of the rear mux switch area.

http://www.onlyinboards.com/Details.aspx?ID=30559

Edited by Bobby Light

not sure if the make it right campaign still applies post warranty but there is an upgraded MUX panel.... i have had mine upgraded and all is great.... check with your dealer of your boat has been upgraded if not see if can be done under the make it right campaign at no cost to you.

• 6 months later...

Just bumping this thread as I am finally getting around to pulling the old switch. I pulled the old MUX and it is kind of recessed into the seat. I pulled one of the 9" emblems off my tower and it definitely does not fit (too small). I then pulled one of the bigger emblems (backlit ones that are in the cabin on the sides above the cupholders) and it looked like it would fit pretty good. It actually covered the recessed area pretty well. Do boats w/o the rear MUX have a 9" or 14" emblem in that area?

• 4 years later...
On 12/10/2011 at 5:56 PM, Tacostik said:

My MUX switch in the middle of the rear seats on my 08 LSV has not worked since I have owned the boat. I don't really care if it works and was thinking about pulling it and putting something in its place. I think I saw at some point I saw a pic of a WS plaque where the switch is in my boat. Would I need to do some sort of custom mount if I pulled the switch? Anyone done this?

did you ever get this done?