Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Best video to help teach son to wakeboard

DRAGONFLYPRINCESS

Hi everyone. I have been looking into differant videos to buy to help teach my boys to wakeboard. I'm finiding alot of differant types but, having not seen any myself I don't know which ones would be best as far as actual footage of deep water starts, getting up staying up and explaining techniques ect... If anyone has any feed back I'd really appreciate it. Thanks~ Biggrin.gif

Thanks for the info I will check it out. Yahoo.gif Several people also recommended the detention 1&2 video. What do you think?

Edited by DRAGONFLYPRINCESS

I second "The Book." It is very thorough in explaining every aspect of wakeboarding. If you do not want to buy the whole set you can buy the first couple which should last at least a year. They have a good website to showcase their product, don't remember what it is though.

We've watched 'Detention' and 'The Book'. They both cover the basics. My kids enjoyed Detention more. It got them more excited to go out, more entertaining, and they retained much of the information out on the boat.

'The Book' is very thorough, and I'm learning a lot from it, but it has a hard time keeping the kids' (11-17) attention.

Never, seen WakeTrix, though I'd like to give it a look.

Before I read any of the posts here, I was also thinking Detention also because it´s for kids. After they get into it themselves, then they can watch the book. To get them stoked and to get them interested, get Detention!

Yahoo.gif Thank you all for the great feed back. I think we will give them all a look over. Hopefully, he'll be able to impress you all at the wow in August.(he is only 6.) I know I don't have to do anything to get him excited if he just looks at his board he starts jones on us. I was pulling him around the house on his wakeboard just this evening:LOL: Thanks again everyone. Biggrin.gif

Detention is a few years old now, but very good. Vol. 1 covers the basics and Vol. 2 makes you realize how bad you suck.

Detention is a few years old now, but very good. Vol. 1 covers the basics and Vol. 2 makes you realize how bad you suck.

Cry.gif G-R-E-A-T. Just when I thought I might be gettin good. :lol:

O.k. I'm confused Help.gif I checked out "The Book" and there where two videos. The foundation and Getting started. Do I need to get both? Are the two just same? Help :Doh:

Detention 1 & 2 are great. but they show the tricks kinda quick.

The Book as said above is a five disc DVD set and goes into detail about how to do tricks. They break it down to the basics and gradually get you to the full trick.

I Own both and personally like The Book better for the instructional part of it. Be warned if you get The Book the next thing your son will be asking for is a trampoling with a wakeboard handle coming off a pole so he can practice his tricks outside of the water.

Good luck and will see ya on the water.

We have the book and I think it is a great tool for learning, breaks everything down and shows the required progressions for each trick. I cant comment on the others people have mentiond because I havnt watched them, but I will agree that the book isnt an exciting video to watch, reminds me of a textbook in school, not very exciting but if you do what the tell you to do, you will progress in the sport.