Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Boat help 2008 VLS or 2010 Axis A22 or 2008 VLX

Gaffster01

Im going to buy a new boat in the next week. I need help deciding which is the best value. Im looking at 2010 Axis 22 priced @ 40k with 38 hours, a 2008 LSV that is pretty loaded for 45k 225 hours and HH engine, or 2008 VLX with 86 hours. There are things about each I like and dislike and think all would do a great job for me and my kids. Thoughts?

What are your dislikes/likes about each one. I'd also consider a '09+ Vride which is the vlx from '05-'08 or even the 23 vride. How many on average are going to be out on the boat? What are your primary activities? I really can't stand the dash of the '08 LSV, that in itself almost counts that out.

What are your dislikes/likes about each one. I'd also consider a '09+ Vride which is the vlx from '05-'08 or even the 23 vride. How many on average are going to be out on the boat? What are your primary activities? I really can't stand the dash of the '08 LSV, that in itself almost counts that out.

Lol the dash on the lsv is one. Im also not sure how much the HH will eat fuel. We will have 5 to 9 people most of the time. No test drives in WI this time of year so thats not an option.

LSV would be nice if you have a larger crew. What is the boat going to be used for? Wakeboarding, Surfing, Ski? The LSV will produce the largest surf wake, but the VLX might be a better Wakeboard wake out of the box. If you are not a "neat freak" would seriously consider the AXIS as it should have snap out carpet and the compartments are not carpeted and can be hosed out. Also, what options does each have?

Lol the dash on the lsv is one. Im also not sure how much the HH will eat fuel. We will have 5 to 9 people most of the time. No test drives in WI this time of year so thats not an option.

The HH is not hard of fuel anymore than the monsoon is. I can tell you the monsoon has been a rock solid engine in the line up for years. The HH over the years has had some minor issues but since '05 been pretty good, most dealers won't order the HH over the monsoon in a VLX or even a 23LSV just because of the reliability. I know a few that have the HH and have been very happy with it, to suffice it would scare me away.....but I'm not running after if either.

5-9 people a VLX or even the Axis will work just fine.

If wakeboarding is a priority #1 I'd lean toward the LSV. If wakeboarding is number #1 then the VLX hands down wins, I find the surf wake is just fine and not too far off from an LSV. Either of the '08's are the first year they had rider presets available. The power wedge is a must imho, the Axis only has the floating wedge. While the floating wedge is great and holds its own I prefer the adjustability of the PW. Because of the dash on the LSV and the lack of the PW on the Axis the VLX is my choice....but may not be for you.

I'd search and contact Chattwake (member) as he has a A22 that's forsale and probably here on the crew has the most experience behind that model. I know two advanced riders that switched from the VLX to the A22 and love it. The freeboard isn't as high but it is a solid boat.

All I can say is I wish I had your problems!

:plus1:

I don't think that you will be dissapointed with any of you selections. Good luck have fun and remember that kids grow and start bringing friends. I kept bumping into my max load (people) all summer long. A DD wakesetter gets real crowed with 10 people.

The boat will be used primarily for wake boarding, but from time to time pull a tube and the occasional knee boarder and skier. My girls are 11 and 6 so I need a very scalable wake. This will be the 11 year olds first year on a board. As far as options the Axis has trick paint, option 1 stereo, chill seat, high altitude prop,and floating wedge. The LSVis loaded only thing it doesn't have is a heater,and has Titian 3 tower. Thing is for the price diff, I can afford to put all that stuff on the Axis. Going to look at them this weekend.

I have done similar comparisons between a newer Axis and older VLX. I understand the Axis is supposed to be a price point boat but to me the interior and especially the dash just felt way too cheap. I know the Axis would do everything we needed, it puts out a fantastic wake, and will be very reliable, I just didn't feel it was quite worth the price considering how much they have gone up in recent years. The VLX or LSV will likely have a better resale value than the Axis as well.

All of those boats are sweet! I have a few hundred hours on our 10 axis and am really happy with - it actually has the HH motor in it and I haven't had issues. I wanted a killer wakeboard wake and did not want to worry about the interior - we always have small kids in the boat. Its nice to just pull out the carpet, not get stressed if they spill drinks etc. The decision for me would be between the LSV and Axis. The LSV for the addional space and the Axis for the price and lower hours.

I am kinda leaning toward the Axis at this point. I think with my kids being younger it may be the better choice. (that and the yellow and black in the pics make it look pretty sick ) Have to see it close up tomorrow. One thing I read is the warranty is non transferable which I thought was a little strange.

I am kinda leaning toward the Axis at this point. I think with my kids being younger it may be the better choice. (that and the yellow and black in the pics make it look pretty sick ) Have to see it close up tomorrow. One thing I read is the warranty is non transferable which I thought was a little strange.

Make sure to have them show you where that is printed. I forget exactly but the hull warranty transfer iirc is w/in 5 years just requires a typical $275 inspection by the dealer first. The Axis is a nice boat and well priced for sure.

Going to look at the Axis in the morning. Hopefully tomorrow I will be looking at stereo up grades :) Stage one Sub and amp and amp for the insides...

Going to look at the Axis in the morning. Hopefully tomorrow I will be looking at stereo up grades :) Stage one Sub and amp and amp for the insides...

Sweet, I'd recommend bring a neutral party with ya..cause you'll have boat goggles on...:crazy:

Winter storage was part of the deal and she is packed in. I do have some that arent very good I can post till spring. I will say anyone in the WI area looking I would definitly go talk to my dealer what a great experience and seems they have some other great deals. (pm me for his name if interested.) Pic to come tomorrow!

• 3 months later...

Finally got her home! Never thought I would be on the water in March wow. Thought I would put up some pics. Now on to the stereo install.

boat.jpg

boat2.jpg

Finally figured posting pics out :yahoo:

Edited by Gaffster01