Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

LSV is ordered- Factory Tour is next

sabre

Finally pulled the trigger on moving from an 23XTI to an LSV! Order was finalized last week, now the wait begins.

We are thinking about touring the factory while the boat is under construction. I think the hull is being laid in early January. Any suggestions on when to plan the trip? How many weeks after the hull is laid?

Where to stay? Other sites to see? Restaurants to eat at (or stay away from)?

Thanks

Specs on the LSV are as follows:

Colors:

EXTERNAL

Yellow - Deck Base

Ebony - Hull Base

Ebony - Hull Main

Yellow - Hull Accent

Yellow - Deck Main

Ebony - Deck Accent

Yellow - Deck Accent 2

INTERNAL

Yellow & Black (m-grain) - Dash

Moonbeam - Base

Graphite (Diamond Grain) - Accent 1

Platinum (M-Grain) - Main

Sterling - Carpet

Yellow - Bead

Ebony - Cushion Panel

Ballast - Midship Malibu Launch System

Ballast - Rear Malibu Launch System

Malibu Touch Command (MTC, w/Keyless Start)

(Sterling) Snap-out carpet insert with "WS" (Only Wakesetters w/ Fiberglass Floor) ADDITIONAL FEATURES

Ballast - Bow Malibu Launch System

(Yellow) Floor - Wet Tek Fiberglass w/Snap-out Carpet

Sun Deck - Rear Walk-over

Ladder - Undermount Swimstep

Light - Pop-up Bow

Pylon - Stainless

Lights - Transom Underwater (Pair, 9 LEDs Ea)

Wedge - Power

MaliView - 6.5" Display System with Depth Finder

Prop - High Altitude (V-Drive 14.5x14.25)

Exhaust - STE (Silent Tip Exhaust)

Flush Kit - Transom Install

Shaft Seal - Water Cooled

Switch - Rear Lounge MUX

Sound System - Pack 2

Speakers - 12" Rockford Subwoofer (w/amp)

Amplifier Tower Spkrs - Rockford 2-Channel 500w (Req w/Wet Sounds Horns)

Rack - Spinner Titan Combo Slide Off (Additional Left Side)

Rack - Spinner Titan Combo Slide Off (Additional Right Side)

Bimini - Commercial Sewing for Illusion G3 (Hinged)

(Black) Lights - 4 Alpha Lamps (Malibu Spkrs Req, Fits Wake/Sun/TXi)

(Black) Mirror - (G3)

(Black) Speakers - Alpha II 6X9 Wet Sounds Horns (Brackets, 1st Pair, Reqs 500 amp)

(Black) Speakers - Alpha II 6X9 Wet Sounds Horns (2nd Pair)

Rigging probbaly the most interesting IMO. Depending on how busy it is, prob 3-5 days after spray date. Whole process is usually less than 2 weeks.

I'd talk to your dealer though. If you're driving, why not bring yours back with you and just watch others being born? You're not going to be able to stand and watch just yours all day.

Edited by 85 Barefoot

There are several hotels in the area but nothing great. That time of year you are better off staying in Knoxville and making the 45min drive to visit the factory. The areas near the factory are very pretty though, Lake Tellico, blue ridge parkway, etc.

I didn't see any pop up cleats. I assume those must come standard? I wouldn't get one without them.

Also, the heater has made early and late season sessions much nicer (also early mornings) for us. Might not be an issue where you are at but it doesn't cost much to add.

Nice setup!!!

I didn't see any pop up cleats. I assume those must come standard? I wouldn't get one without them.

Also, the heater has made early and late season sessions much nicer (also early mornings) for us. Might not be an issue where you are at but it doesn't cost much to add.

Nice setup!!!

Yes, pop up cleats were there (just not included in what I uploaded)

As for the heater, I did the install myself last year on my XTI and it was straightforward and easy and signifiantly less costly than the factory option. I want to be able to place the hot tubes where I want them instead of the factory locations. The heater will be added by the end of the first season.

That's great just wanted to make sure nothing was overlooked. I had a Nautique many years ago without cleats (don't even believe you could get pop-up cleats back then) and used the lift rings to tie up for mooring, what a pain. One of my Spring projects is to add an additional heater tube in place of one of the driver vents.

You will really like the LSV. We got ours in December 2010 and after 120 hours couldn't be happier with it.

Kris

When the boat starts and rigging that is the best time to see it "come together" You will see the other boats and the build process

Rigging probbaly the most interesting IMO. Depending on how busy it is, prob 3-5 days after spray date. Whole process is usually less than 2 weeks.

I'd talk to your dealer though. If you're driving, why not bring yours back with you and just watch others being born? You're not going to be able to stand and watch just yours all day.

I'm pretty sure production is 7-9 days now since they've tightened things up and shifted everything to Tennessee.

-Paul

Hopefully heading down for a factory tour next Monday, 4 days after spray date. Our 247 is ahead of schedule. I'll let you know how it goes.

Wife can't make it yet is excited about the big new bu.

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully heading down for a factory tour next Monday, 4 days after spray date. Our 247 is ahead of schedule. I'll let you know how it goes.

Wife can't make it yet is excited about the big new bu.

Back in town from factory tour. Saw the new 247 hull & deck put together, fiberglass floor liner in. Toured on 4th day from spray date and wouldn't go any sooner if you want to see you boat. Dennis Kelley was great host and very knowledgable. Worth the trip.

The Loudon factory is cranking out 12boats/day, every worker was very friendly and seemed genuinely happy to be there.

Looks like we'll be going Mid-Feb. We should be about half way through our build. Taking the whole family. Can't wait! Any suggestions on what to do on the weekend?

Thanks

Where are you staying, in Knoxville?

The Smoky Mountain area (Sevierville, Pigeon Forge, Gatlinburg) are a little south.

We stayed in the Norris Lake area overnight and made the 4.5h drive back after the tour.

what is the 23xti?is that the discuntinued with the 2 seperat seating areas?

A dealer said you could still have that made if desired.....that model had the t in

The 23XTI is a direct drive wake boat, not a v-drive. We never thought to ask since it hasn't been offered for several years.

We're coming from the north so we'll be staying in either Knoxville or Ashville, NC.

How long was your tour? we were thinking about making the 8 hour drive home afterwords.

For us the tour length depended on how much time you have and how many questions you ask. Ours ended up being 3 hours and getting into a lot of detail, especially comparing our 07 23 LSV to the new 247. I think you can get a good tour in 60-90 minutes.

Back in town from factory tour. Saw the new 247 hull & deck put together, fiberglass floor liner in. Toured on 4th day from spray date and wouldn't go any sooner if you want to see you boat. Dennis Kelley was great host and very knowledgable. Worth the trip.

The Loudon factory is cranking out 12boats/day, every worker was very friendly and seemed genuinely happy to be there.

how many shifts,7- days a week?

was a teak rear platform an option?

• 1 month later...

Headed to the factory today!! Just wanted to put a plug in for the Holiday Inn Express in Lenoir City, and Cinco Amigos next door. Both are friendly, clean and well run.

Cinco Amigos has great food and the Margarita's aren't bad either!

Photos of the new boat in construction will be posted soon.

Edited by sabre

I'm envious. We are planning to go on the factory tour the first week in April when our boat is being built. It seems like it will never get here!