Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Floating Wedge to Power Wedge 08 Vride

wakesetter8796

I have an 08 Vride with floating wedge. Just out of curiosity, would it be worth it or even possible to convert to power wedge? Would I be able to put the gauge up too?

Yes you can mainly because the '08 MY you can upgrade the electronics to accept the PW and be fully functional. Is it worth the cost, only you can determine that but I'd more than likely pass on that expense. I do like the PW but if you don't even plan on changing the position of surf a lot then maybe but the floating wedge does very well on its own merits.

Yea, I will probably keep the floater. It's probably expensive too. Just seeing if it could even be done but now I know in case the floater breaks. Thanks for the advice.

have thought about this alot as well....run my ride really weighted down and have ben thinking about the drag out of the hole. the power wedge removes that...at least that is my understanding...... however as I am in the salt water have resolved myself to the thinking that less is more.......re repairs. lots of floating crap on top of salt so........I am keeping the floating wedge

Yea, I will probably keep the floater. It's probably expensive too. Just seeing if it could even be done but now I know in case the floater breaks. Thanks for the advice.

have thought about this alot as well....run my ride really weighted down and have ben thinking about the drag out of the hole. the power wedge removes that...at least that is my understanding...... however as I am in the salt water have resolved myself to the thinking that less is more.......re repairs. lots of floating crap on top of salt so........I am keeping the floating wedge

Drag is only minimized if you have auto wedge that it built into the newer boats. Likely if you do an upgrade it would not have that. Auto wedge sets the wedge to the least down force until you're up at speed. Then it moves to the preset position.