Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Where to get used etx manifolds

32off

Hello

New to the crew. On my 3rd Malibu and I am looking for some used etx manifolds...Anyone have a place I can look or know of someone wanting to sell a pair?

Right, my guess would be to try the dealers. Some of the bigger ones might have them around.

I can get them new for $600 a side....I am looking for a used set...it is hard to find them... The cam in my motor prefers a good exhaust manifold which I assume means header type....

There are other manufacturers of aluminum higher flow exhaust manifolds: Imco, Stainless Marine, Hardin among others.

I am worried about the fit...not to mention the cost...a used set of etx's should be 1/2 of a new set....

It would be odd to find a set of used ETX manifolds. You'd basically be looking for a wrecked boat with a good engine, that someone wants to part out instead of selling complete. My guess is your chances of finding that are pretty slim. (I have a set of ETX manifolds, but they leak pretty good)

Peter :)

It would be odd to find a set of used ETX manifolds. You'd basically be looking for a wrecked boat with a good engine, that someone wants to part out instead of selling complete. My guess is your chances of finding that are pretty slim. (I have a set of ETX manifolds, but they leak pretty good)

Peter :)

I can fix leaks. I trailer my boats so I don't have problems with pitting from the electrical currents that attack the heads and manifolds...It is a bit tricky finding them for sure...

Not these you can't. When a cast aluminum manifold breaks from overheating, you'll find molten aluminum in the coolant fitting, and pieces of aluminum rattling around inside the remaining core. Add water to the coolant line and it pours out the head ports.

• 2 weeks later...

I got mine off here in the forsale section. Keep your eyes open for them, they do pop up now and then. Bought them for 700.00 shipped.

Seller was going to a closed cooling system. They work well and also saved quite a bit of weight.