Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Corrosion on Badges

Tacostik

The Malibu badges on my board racks are starting to get a weird discoloration. The racks themselves seem fine. Any easy solutions or should I just replace them?

Pics

The Malibu badges on my board racks are starting to get a weird discoloration. The racks themselves seem fine. Any easy solutions or should I just replace them?

Pics

That looks like surface rust to me? If so I'd think you'd have a hard time getting it all off where the lettering is cut out. I think the new emblems are stainless steel so shouldn't have that issue again if you were to replace them.

Pics

I've never seen chrome corrode like that, those are Titan racks and those emblems are their own emblems they made for the rack so I don't know of any replacements that would be different material.

If i were you, i would remove them and have them powder coated the same color of the boat :)

-Paul

I've never seen chrome corrode like that, those are Titan racks and those emblems are their own emblems they made for the rack so I don't know of any replacements that would be different material.

If i were you, i would remove them and have them powder coated the same color of the boat :)

-Paul

Good idea Paul, I may look into that.

Are the badges made from a different metal than the racks. Dissimilar metals touching each other in a wet environment can lead to all kinds of weird corrosion.