Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Best Boating Moments

jetskipro550

Bill, when is your gig at the CDA resort?....I missed last year and would like to try to make it this year.

Santa flies on Christmas eve.... usually around noon - 2 or 3 pm. I'm heading over to the Yacht Club to talk about the logistics tomorrow night. And I will share with you all what we decide. Hope you'll come introduce yourself if you make it out. :thumbup:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BuFootin

• Bill_AirJunky

• martinarcher

• Lance B. Johnson

My best 2011 moment was driving the Malibu for the first time. It wasn't even mine yet, but fate made it mine very soon after. This boat is awesome! I love the sound when it fires, the look on my passengers faces as it rumbles backing off the lift. Then hitting the throttle just a bit makes me smile all day long. :thumbup:

Santa flies on Christmas eve.... usually around noon - 2 or 3 pm. I'm heading over to the Yacht Club to talk about the logistics tomorrow night. And I will share with you all what we decide. Hope you'll come introduce yourself if you make it out. :thumbup:

Thanks, and will definately say HI !

A LOT of changes this boating season:

- Bought the Malibu this year, after 10 years with my first boat (Sea Ray I/O)

- My daughter (now a few days shy of 1) was on the Malibu all but one time it was out (and once on the Sea Ray before I sold it)

- Made friends with my best friend's co-worker, who loves to wakeboard - and is far better than me. He has only done it behind I/O's with towers and I think an old direct drive, so he greatly improved his game behind our boat

- Loved just being anchored out on the water - discovered my little one loves to swim.

- Found out the boat cops don't mess with you if you have a baby on board (went to Blast - fireworks on Buckeye Lake, which is the one time a year I will boat on a crap hole of a lake).

- Improved my wakeboarding a lot having the Malibu. Saw some kids wakesurfing behind a newer Centurion and now wakesurfing gear ended up on my Christmas list. :)

- Convinced my boss(and it wasn't hard) to have a meeting with his management team (7 of us including him) on the boat. The meeting consisted of tubing, which everyone went and I was the only one that couldn't be knocked off, everyone trying to wakeboard and only me being able to, me slalom skiing and a couple others on 2 skis, and illegally drinking on a state park lake. :)

Edited by Nitrousbird

So I am towing a wakeboarder and I see a friend towing a wakeboarder in the opposite direction. ( coming right at me) I knew something was going to happen, but I didn't know what. As the boats passed, my rider cut over and hit a backroll off the other boat's wake. Their rider cut over and hit one off our wake. These guys are good friends, but fierce competitors. It was special.

Pulling our 2005 Wakesetter home in May. (First boat)

Every minute on the water with friends and family

Hell, I enjoyed having a beer and cleaning the thing in my driveway!

And getting engaged, in no particular order haha

buying my 1999 Malibu Sportser July 2011 from a buddy of mine....don't ski any more so it is just a cruiser for me,.....gotta love the inboard after many years of owning I/O's and outboards.....boat was mint and never sat in the water for more than a couple days.....

Getting my 5 year old daughter up behind the new VLX. One proud pappa and pretty happy that she became hooked!!!! She rode 3 times per week after that for the rest of summer

First year with the Bu, so we loved every minute of it :thumbup: . Going to the lake is one thing my wife and I never disagree about - one of us mentions it and the other says "Let's Go!"

A few moments come to mind though -

Watching my ~16 month old daughter on the tube with my wife.

Wake the World KC

Working all summer long to get the stereo installed.

Sitting in the boat, in my driveway, with friends drinking beer in late November, just before putting the boat into storage.

Edited by hethj7

First year with the Bu, so we loved every minute of it :thumbup: . Going to the lake is one thing my wife and I never disagree about - one of us mentions it and the other says "Let's Go!"

A few moments come to mind though -

Watching my ~16 month old daughter on the tube with my wife.

Wake the World KC

Working all summer long to get the stereo installed.

Sitting in the boat, in my driveway, with friends drinking beer in late November, just before putting the boat into storage.

That is awesome. Rockon.gif