Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Best Boating Moments

jetskipro550

Lots of good memories from the 2011 season, but I have two that stand out.

1. First real day out on the water with my daughter. She was 6 months at the time and was happy being out in the boat with us. Big relief for me, cause I have high hopes of turning her into a boat addict over the next few years

2. Can't say it was a favorite moment, but one I won't forget anytime soon. I narrowly missed wrecking our boat and another boat tied to the dock in an emergency maneuver to get to a bathroom. A great crew helped me avoid an embarrassing situation :lol:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BuFootin

• Bill_AirJunky

• martinarcher

• Lance B. Johnson

I moved within 10 min of three lakes.

I skied the course for the first time (now addicted).

I made it back on the podium at a wake comp after a few years off it (darn young guns are hard to keep up with).

I knocked up my wife with our first kid so I can have the joy of taking my own family boating!

I enjoyed tons of time on the water this year. Things I especially loved were :

1)living on the lake for the month of June and getting to ski every night with my daughter during that time and

2)making real progress at ski school and feeling like I can really achieve my modest lifetime skiing goals !

my most memorable moments for the 2011 boating year:

- skied a PB (twice) in the course at 32 off @ 34pmh.

- most ski days ever in a year with over 130

- longest ski season since living in N. Idaho (boat got wet in late March, last ski day Nov 6th.

Can't wait to see what next year brings :yahoo:

Hundreds of hours on the lake/river with friends and fam.

Watching my three year old get up on ski trainer and him trying to "jump" the wake.

He also became obsessed with fishing - so watching him catch his first bass off the bow of our boat.

Getting to take my daughter on her first boat ride. At three months old, she could have cared less.......I couldn't wipe the smile off my face. :thumbup:

Camping on the islands with the crew. It never gets old. A weekend I've done 50 other times in my life is still my favorite part of every summer. Horseshoes, fishing, football, early morning sets, evening/late night/really, really late night campfires.....Love it. If for no other reason, I love my Malibu for being a really fancy ride out to those islands.....

The First day back on the water - it's always memorable.

Getting my 6 yr. old back up & comfortable by himself on a wakeboard again after almost a year off. The smile on his face was priceless.

I seem to always have the bad memories rush to mind first, but after those pass, my best memories....

One day in july, when wife was learning to cut back and forth on wakeboard (her first season), she wiped out and came up with a bloody lip, however she was all smiles and wanting to try again.

2 year old son bouncing around on a tube for first time.

Wake the World KC day with the kids from the childrens home. Boy they loved the exile stereo.

Idling back from a bar at 2 am for roughly 5 miles of dance party usa, lol (yes we had a sober boat driver).

Everytime I landed a new trick for the first time

Spending a week at the lake and watching my adult sons (16, 20, 22) and there friends go to bed at 8:30pm because they were too worn out from wake boarding and skiing on the first day. They started at 6:00am and skied all day long, the boat was only at the dock for a total of 1 1/2 hours all day long. They finished skiing around 8:00 pm, and that was it for them. I took the boat out around 9:00 for a nice evening cruse. This is not our first boat, but it is our first inboard, and won't be our last. Long live the BU. :clap:

Lots of good memories from the 2011 season, but I have two that stand out.

1. First real day out on the water with my daughter. She was 6 months at the time and was happy being out in the boat with us. Big relief for me, cause I have high hopes of turning her into a boat addict over the next few years

2. Can't say it was a favorite moment, but one I won't forget anytime soon. I narrowly missed wrecking our boat and another boat tied to the dock in an emergency maneuver to get to a bathroom. A great crew helped me avoid an embarrassing situation :lol:

Unfortunately my ride got cut short because of the scenario :lol:

This summer my son and I were camping/ boating with a group that for the most part I didn't know that well. Ended up having a blast, everyone meshed so well. The best day was when we found a nice very calm little cove, had lunch and swimming in some very warm water.

Not the highlight but unforgetable moment when my son :vomit: in the cove and the swimming was ended with everyone getting in the boats as fast as possible. :biggrin: Everyone took it really well....I think. It kinda ruined the moment.

I had two moments.

1. A good friend of our family has had many health issues over the past several years including a hip replacement. We got him up surfing for the first time ever, not rope less, but surfing regardless. It was amazing! I have not seen a person smile so much in a long, long time. Even better, 20 seconds into it and he wants us to circle around to go past his boat and the rest of our group. We couldn't figure out why and then he started trying to undo his shorts. He was determined to show them a moon!Our entire boat was laughing so hard we had tears. :biggrin:

2.The first and only time I had a ski on this year. Due to the neck injury I have been fighting, the ski has been out of the question. I have been able to surf, but there nothing better than a slalom ski on a long stretch of glass. I got up no problem and probably made a dozen or so cuts before I decided it was better to be safe than sorry. What a great feeling. :thumbup:

post-5478-000950600 1322792659_thumb.jpg

Edited by Malibuzer

Like others... first time my 4 year old son used the ski trainer this year..... instantly moved from my hobby to family hobby... just need to keep the momentum so it doesn't revert back to my hobby.

Greatest moments of 2011, we had a lot to choose from with over 80 hours on the bu for the year. First was teaching my adopted daughters how to ski (anybody around lake ocoee in TN sorry about all the noise :biggrin: ) second is having the crew so large for most of the year, our most common crew size was 8 or more. Bit croweded but really a good time with friends.

Fantastic thread!

A few of mine...

1. The look on my buddies face the first time he rolled the Tantrum I found him into a hard turn. Rockon.gif

2. Teaching about 6 people to wakeboard this year.

3. Teaching my bro and my buddy how to get up on the slalom ski with Tracie's Accurate trainer line and handle. Thumbup.gif

4. Hearing the Stainless Marine exhaust on the water the first time this spring. Yahoo.gif

5. Seeing the first pics of the Setter with the T III on it this spring. Clap.gif

5. The great times and fantastic turnout we had at the NE WOW this year! I had a blast with you guys and made a few more great friends! Thumbup.gif Thanks all!

2011WOW_NE_GroupPic.jpg