Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

any first hand advice on "sea scooters"?

davemac

Hey I'm wondering if anyone owns or has tried one of these things.....I'm thinking about getting one as a gift for my younger daughter (10 years old). She doesn't have much interest in skiing, but absolutely loves to swim and snorkel. The reviews I have found make me hesitant to get her one. Any direction with specific brands or models would be helpful as well.

TIA

post-5162-068340400 1322664170_thumb.jpg

My uncle had one. They used it to taxi themselves between large party boats when coved up. That was about 10 years ago, but I seem to remember him saying the smaller you are, the more fun it was. Full grown men slow it down. Should be great for a 10 yr old

Edited by augie09

We have the smaller one. It gets used often by the smaller kids. 12 and under. I have seen up to 6 of them together with the first being pulled by the Seadoo and each other kid hanging on to the feet of the one in front of them. Big sea snake weaving through the water. It is not fast but will propel my VLX. I sometimes use it as a trolling motor from the swim platform to pull my boat to deeper water if we drift towards shore while out swimming.The battery seems to last about 45 minutes or better if it is full charged.

My uncle had one. They used it to taxi themselves between large party boats when coved up. That was about 10 years ago, but I seem to remember him saying the smaller you are, the more fun it was. Full grown men slow it down. Should be great for a 10 yr old

I purchased one from Sams Club. Battery died after a couple years and never could find a new battery for it. So it is dead now. Kids enjoyed it. It pulled me around pretty well.