Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Board Rack Mods

cstk421

I took my racks off and here are photos. Im trying to identify the make and model of them. I talked to a few companies today about powder-coating them and/or dipping them in rubber / vinyl. Any thoughts ? Experience ? They are polished aluminium and always look dirty. Chrome dipping crossed my mind but I think its too expensive.

Thanks,

Claudio

BU Photos

Edited by cstk421

Those are looking like some older Titan racks to me. Sounds like you aren't against getting them powdercoated, that's what I'd do.

Plus1.gif Those are older Titans.

Is the finish get bad due to bugs or is it scratched up. If it because of bugs, take a couple dryer sheets and wet them with warm water and use them to clean up the racks. They take bugs off racks and the tower like magic.

Is the finish get bad due to bugs or is it scratched up. If it because of bugs, take a couple dryer sheets and wet them with warm water and use them to clean up the racks. They take bugs off racks and the tower like magic.

Not to mention leaving a fresh scent behind :biggrin: .

I don't think its from bugs. I think its just weather, water, deposits. The polished aluminum (like the old cans and the lights) are too much of a PITA to keep polishing. If I just powder coat them once i should be good. Just working on figuring out a good solution on rubber for the forks. The rubber that they came with sucks, gets caught, and has come off 3 times. Any suggestions on rubber to put on the forks ? I have the option of dipping them but your talking more than it costs to just replace them with new racks.

Thanks for the info though !