Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Programming Mux Switches

CactusRay

Hey Guys,

I have an 08 Wakesetter VTX. I just had some dock lights installed on my speaker pods. As I scrolled through the MUX panel there was nothing that read "dock lights". So, I reprogrammed the MUX switch that read "heater" to "dock lights". The lights work great, however when I turn off the battery when the boat is not in use and turn it back on the switch defaults back to "heater". Does anyone know how to "lock" the programming of a MUX switch?

Thanks

Check this website and scroll down to the electrical section. You'll see a PDF document labeled Mux switch edit. That's what I use and never had that problem even when disconnected/reconnected to/from the battery. Try it out, if it continues after you reprogram with the directions maybe it's a bad mux switch?

http://www.bakesonline.com/boatinfo.aspx

Check this website and scroll down to the electrical section. You'll see a PDF document labeled Mux switch edit. That's what I use and never had that problem even when disconnected/reconnected to/from the battery. Try it out, if it continues after you reprogram with the directions maybe it's a bad mux switch?

http://www.bakesonline.com/boatinfo.aspx

thanks for the info, it worked...I just needed to hold the button down for 3 seconds to lock it in.

• 3 years later...

Once you add the heater how do you exit the edit mode? I've read the instructions and been playing with it for an hour and can't figure it out.