Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Why isn't there a DIY heater installation thread?

TallRedRider

I am almost complete with my heater install and it has been somewhat painful to find the details. I think the DIY section of the website has some great articles and a heater install is not listed there. I think it would be a great idea to synthesize some of the great thoughts in various threads all into one thread that would cover all aspects of the heater install. I have searched many times, and I had to go through way too many threads to get the information I needed.

Is there any reason a DIY thread for heater install does not exist? Or is there already one out there?

I would be happy to create it, and after it gets some public comment, I would have to ask one of the mods to help me scrub some of the extra comments and I could edit my posts to make a succinct but detailed heater install thread. I already took a number of pictures to document my experience.

Would that be the right way to go about it? I would hate to create more work for the mods, but I think it could be pounded out pretty quickly once I got some public comment to improve things. I would plan on putting it on the general discussion area to maximize traffic and then scrubbing it and moving it to the DIY section once it seems complete.

No one has done the install and created a write-up of it. We'd be happy to assist you in getting one completed for others to use in their installs. If you look at the other DIY write-ups you can get a good idea of what we are looking for in a write-up. If you have any question feel from to PM me or the other Admins/Mods.

TallRedRider - I'd love to see you write up a DIY for this. I've been very curious about installing a heater, and would benefit from a DIY detailing your experiences.

I've been working on one. I did a heater install and it worked pretty well. Took lots of pictures. I'll see if I can get it together soon.

Cedar, I have seen some of your threads with questions. Can't remember off the top of my head, which ones, but your name pops out to me.

I would like to actually use the heater before I post the thread, and with any luck that will be this weekend. But things may come up and I might not even get her fully installed by then. So I am probably a week or two away from getting it started. I have been shooting pictures along the way.

Whichever one of us attacks the task can add pictures and comments to the other's thread as part of the 'scrubbing' process. I would be just as happy if you would do it and then I can just armchair quarterback the situation :lol::crazy::biggrin:

TallRed..,

When I have something together, I'll send it your way. Sorry you didn't say something sooner, I could have answered any questions. Your install may have been a little more difficult since your boat has the engine mounted backwards :crazy: