Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

MXZ First impressions

Fman

We our 2007 Sky Supreme with a Black Scorpion 340 at Redfish lake in Idaho at 6800 elevation and a high altitude prop with 11 people, 800+ in factory ballast, and an additional 1200 lbs of fatsacks and it didnt struggle very much. Maybe we burned more fuel but I really think the differences in the 350 vs. the 410 are really being played up. I know my dealer sold me on the 350 when I wanted the 410 after testing it.

We should be comparing torque curves between the engines instead of peak HP. Torque is what drives these boats out of the hole. Not sure what the peak torque is on the 410, but after driving both engines back to back on the same size boat with same prop, I would guess that the difference is very little. Now the supercharged 6.2 is a different story. :drool:

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thtrog

• saidainc

• jrad12381

• CJAY

Top Posters In This Topic

We should be comparing torque curves between the engines instead of peak HP. Torque is what drives these boats out of the hole. Not sure what the peak torque is on the 410, but after driving both engines back to back on the same size boat with same prop, I would guess that the difference is very little. Now the supercharged 6.2 is a different story. :drool:

At what RPM does the 410s torque curve actually pull away from the 350s?

At what RPM does the 410s torque curve actually pull away from the 350s?

I believe the curves are very similar with peak torque on the Monsoon at 395 and the L96/LY6 at 405. Seat of the pants confirms that. The top end felt stronger on the 6.0 as it was able to pull higher RPM's than the Monsoon.