Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

LCD Screen on a 2007 VRIDE

mickeyhuddo

G'day guys

We have a Malibu 2007 v ride only had if for a couple of month, LCD screen is playing up, comes on then goes off.

Has anyone had trouble with there's before? any help would be good thanks mick

Loose connection of multi-plug connector or internal pins on connector loose/not making great contact??? Pull the dash gauge surround ( plastic ) and gauges out ( 2 phillips screws on Malibu emblem and 1 or 2 screws on top underside of plastic surround ). Unplug and refit connection making sure it isn't loose. Do the same with wiring harness back to computer .

G'day guys

We have a Malibu 2007 v ride only had if for a couple of month, LCD screen is playing up, comes on then goes off.

Has anyone had trouble with there's before? any help would be good thanks mick

Loose connection of multi-plug connector or internal pins on connector loose/not making great contact??? Pull the dash gauge surround ( plastic ) and gauges out ( 2 phillips screws on Malibu emblem and 1 or 2 screws on top underside of plastic surround ). Unplug and refit connection making sure it isn't loose. Do the same with wiring harness back to computer .

:plus1: I've replaced mine, couldn't be much easier. I might suggest disconnecting the battery and cleaning all accessible connections with PB blaster/small wire brush and coating with dielectric grease before re-installing.

• 4 weeks later...

pulling the dash gauge surround Plastic from the front ? does the silver plastic pop off ? or do you put the unit in from the front I have a new one !

Edited by mickeyhuddo

pulling the dash gauge surround Plastic from the front ? does the silver plastic pop off ? or do you put the unit in from the front I have a new one !

Pull these 3 screw out and the whole thing will come out, no need to take just the chrome piece out.

post-8316-057166400 1324298270_thumb.jpg

Pull these 3 screw out and the whole thing will come out, no need to take just the chrome piece out.

thanks heaps from downunder

Edited by mickeyhuddo