Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Parts for a '92 Skier

Greetings,

I'm looking for parts for a 1992 Skier and am having quite a bit of difficulty. If anyone has suggestions it would be much appreciated. Haven't had any luck locally (Massachusetts). Currently in Afghanistan, be home in the spring, and want everything lined up for when I get back. Cover collapsed end of last winter and the interior was ruined, the wife didn't realize it was down, cover sat on the seats, the vinyl is now cracked all over. Doing a total overhaul, interior and paint when I'm home on leave. Some parts needed include:

- Engine cover hinges

- Gauge Decals

- Side decals - the guy before me re-painted the boat, used the wrong paint. Its now Porsche silver. I'll be painting it (Imron) back to white when I get home.

- Wax seal for the driveshaft. Got 2 locally, neither one was correct. One I have leaks steadily, and not the typical drip.

Having the interior done by a local shop. Prep and paint myself. Have a place that will do "Malibu Skier" decals for the sides if I can't find OEM style.

Any help would be much appreciated. May be a while before I can respond back. Thanks again.

Hey man,

Decals are going to be a 1 off custom make at this point.

As far as the seal for the driveshaft, you need to get some of this to repack the seal.

I got some stainless quick connect hinges that allow me to pull a pin on the hinge and remove the engine cover when I am working on it.

Don't PAINT your boat, take it to a good boat shop and have them sand off the car paint and restore the Gel Coat. You will never be happy with Paint. JMO...

Good luck over there man :rockon:

Hey man,

Decals are going to be a 1 off custom make at this point.

As far as the seal for the driveshaft, you need to get some of this to repack the seal.

I got some stainless quick connect hinges that allow me to pull a pin on the hinge and remove the engine cover when I am working on it.

Don't PAINT your boat, take it to a good boat shop and have them sand off the car paint and restore the Gel Coat. You will never be happy with Paint. JMO...

Good luck over there man :rockon:

:plus1: especially on getting rid of the paint.