Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

adding ballast to a skier

fastlane

i have a 91 skier and trying to wakeboard with it does anyone think you can make a wake anywere near a true wakeboard boat with this i have two 750#sacs in it one in bow one in front of rear seat wake is okay but nothing great any help would be appreciated thanks in advance also what is the most weight anyone has put in a skier

i have a 91 skier and trying to wakeboard with it does anyone think you can make a wake anywere near a true wakeboard boat with this i have two 750#sacs in it one in bow one in front of rear seat wake is okay but nothing great any help would be appreciated thanks in advance also what is the most weight anyone has put in a skier

I also made the mistake of putting weight in the bow of my Skier thinking I would be able to make the wake larger for wakeboarding. It absolutely kills the wake. I was amazed after experimenting with weight all over that boat. If you out one of those 750's on each side of the engine you will be a happy camper. The Skier with 500 or more lbs alongside the engine compartment makes a beautifully lippy ramp that is great for boarding. I started inverts behind that boat. I really miss how lippy the wake is.

Here's a thread on the auto ballast set-up I did in mine

http://www.themalibu...-93-skier-wake/

There's a youtube video, systems schematic, and a part list in that thread.

I also made the mistake of putting weight in the bow of my Skier thinking I would be able to make the wake larger for wakeboarding. It absolutely kills the wake. I was amazed after experimenting with weight all over that boat. If you out one of those 750's on each side of the engine you will be a happy camper. The Skier with 500 or more lbs alongside the engine compartment makes a beautifully lippy ramp that is great for boarding. I started inverts behind that boat. I really miss how lippy the wake is.

Here's a thread on the auto ballast set-up I did in mine

http://www.themalibu...-93-skier-wake/

There's a youtube video, systems schematic, and a part list in that thread.

i put two 750 next to motor and the wake was good but you couldnt see over the bow unless you stood up or went around 27 mph thats why i put one in the bow i am going to try and put a 400 in the bow and the two 750 next to motor this weekend and try it also what prop are you running i have the stock oj which is 13" and 13 pitch but also have a acme 13" 10 1/2 pitch that will be here today hoping that will help keep bow down a little thanks

Edited by fastlane

i put two 750 next to motor and the wake was good but you couldnt see over the bow unless you stood up or went around 27 mph thats why i put one in the bow i am going to try and put a 400 in the bow and the two 750 next to motor this weekend and try it also what prop are you running i have the stock oj which is 13" and 13 pitch but also have a acme 13" 10 1/2 pitch that will be here today hoping that will help keep bow down a little thanks

Your weight is too far back if that's the case. Forget the bow weight and put your bags along the engine. I ran two 500lb bags and the port side bag would be close to touching the observer seat. This will give you most of your weight slightly rear of center and help crank up the wake without bringing the nose up too bad. Might be worth only partially filling the bags too and see how that goes. 1500lbs of ballast is a lot for the Skier.

Your weight is too far back if that's the case. Forget the bow weight and put your bags along the engine. I ran two 500lb bags and the port side bag would be close to touching the observer seat. This will give you most of your weight slightly rear of center and help crank up the wake without bringing the nose up too bad. Might be worth only partially filling the bags too and see how that goes. 1500lbs of ballast is a lot for the Skier.

i originally had the 2 750s next to the engine as far forward as i could the wake looked good but bow was to high what prop r u running