Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

weighing a 23

Wkerat

I was just wondering how everyone weights their 23 for boarding and/or surfing? In my vlx I ran an extra 200 in each rear, and 350 in the walkway to board and would throw another 350 on whatever side for surfing. I am jumping up to a 23 this year but don't know what weight would work the best. Thanks

It shoudl be about the same, although you may not need the walkway sack. At least thats how I saw Shapiro load his boat.

Personally, I'm not a level where I need anymore ballast than stock, except for surfing.

If your getting the power wedge that should help shape the wake as well.

You will enjoy the 23 LSV!

First picture…The other weekend when the picture was taken we had the wedge down, all MLS ballast filled (front, mid, and both rears), a 440lb. in each rear locker, plus a 200lb. ballast sack in the bow on the side we were surfing on, a 200lb. sack on the floor in the back on the side we were surfing on, 11 people with one of them in the sling hiking off the side of the boat throwing a killer wave.

Second picture…This past weekend we had the same set-up, wedge down, all MLS ballast filled (front, mid, and both rears), a 440lb. in each rear locker, a 500lb. in the bow on the side were surfing on, a 500lb.on the back seat in the corner on the side were surfing on and 4 people. With the, I believe (forgot to get under the boat and look) 857 prop, we were getting a good amount of prop wash and the wake wasn’t building like it should. I did not realize it then but, after watching the video from that afternoon I believe that I should have had the front 500lb. in the back corner also with it in the front the rear was not under the water enough and spitting out more prop wash than usual is what I am thinking…any thoughts.

I have a 400 on each side of the engine for riding and a 750 (i think) on the side for surfing. as for front ballest I just use the stock.

We like a steaper wake since we came over from the super airs.

later

Thanks for the replies, How does the boat sit with the extra weight in the rear. I am between, 440's or gravity game sacks (around 550) for the rear, since they should both fit. I just worry about too much weight back there.

Thanks for the replies, How does the boat sit with the extra weight in the rear. I am between, 440's or gravity game sacks (around 550) for the rear, since they should both fit. I just worry about too much weight back there.

Go bigger, you do not have to fill them up all the way, our 440's will be moved to the interior of the boat and replaced by bigger sacks in the future.

What brand and size of sacks does everyone recommend? Also, this may be a weird question but does anyone know the distance from the bow tank in the walkway to the little door in the floor where the ballast pumps are?

What brand and size of sacks does everyone recommend?

I think the Fly High Pro-X Series sacs are the only way to go. The Tsunami pump is much faster than previous pumps and the quick connects make hooking them up much easier.

http://www.wakeside.com/page/W/CTGY/wakebo...at_ballast_bags

Edited by eubanks