Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Depth Gauge acting up

Flatland Surfer

I recently purchased an 05 23LSV and the depth gauge doesn't seem to be working? The previous owner advised me of it before purchasing. He said it had started acting up just recently. Could it be something easy to troubleshoot or should i take it into someone to have a look at it?

FS, depends on how it is acting up. I have seen where the epoxy holding the unit (a black puck w/ wire coming out) to the hull has come unglued and the sensor is just flopping around giving intermittent/false readings and it also could be a loose connection in the plug or corrosion. I would start at the sensor in the bilge (port/left side) by checking the mounting point and work my way up the wiring harness discounting as much of the simple fixes as possible. Depth gauges and paddle wheel issues are a common problem and don't appear to be too hard or expensive to fix. I'm sure some other members will chime in. Good luck