Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Real weight of a 23 LSV

Adax

I'm considering going from a '07 V-Ride to a '07 - '10 23 LSV. My 5000 lb rated lift has to strain a bit to lift my V-Ride out of the water which is reported to be 3000 lbs. The LSV is reported to be around 3900 lbs so I need to know if I have to budget a new lift into the upgrade.

Is my lift weak or are the actual weights of Malibu boats significantly greater than reported. I suspect the reported weight is dry to start with. Has anyone actually weighed one?

Thanks,

Alan

Dry Weight should be the actual weight of the boat with standard equipment without fuel, fluids, cargo, passengers, or optional equipment.

Add to that the weight of the Fuel, gear, some water, and a tower, extra amps, etc

I am not 100% sure, about this but I have thought the same one mine.. its says the dry weight of mine is 4000lbs... I weighed mine on a CAT scale and minused out the approx truck weight and I was getting near 6800lbs + or - with only 1/3 tank of gas, approx 30gals. nothing overly crazy in the boat above what everyone else would have. I would estimate my trailer at 1700lbs, aluminum Ibeam trailer, so that puts my boat at a true weigh of around 5000lbs.

Perhaps the 4000lbs doesnt include Tower? thats 200-300lbs maybe?

The trailer guy told me to plan on 5,000 for the boat plus 1,500 for the trailer. I would figure 5,000 for the LSV without the trailer, people or ballast but to include normal gear.

I couldn't be happier with the 2010 LSV.

Kris