Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Ski-V anode replacement

I am going through the maintenance/winterization check list (2010 LSV/Ski-V) and pull the v-drive anodes to drain what little water that is in there out. As I read the manual it says to replace them when the get to a cetain % of wear. Looking at the location of the anodes and the space between them and the back of the fuel tank and I know I am going to get P.O. on this project! :blowup: I know this is going to be a rhetorical question, but am I going to have to pull the floor to loosen the tank to move it forward when it comes time to replace the anodes? When they do eventually erode pulling them out won't be a problem they will be shorter, but a new anode ATB almost 2" long so shoe horning new ones in is going to be an issue.

I think the build/assembly process varies a little boat to boat because I actually tried to pull mine out to vacuum the water, sand and grit out of the v-drive and I couldn't get them any farther than 1/2 way. The tank is probably screwed in aft about an inch or so more than yours. No big, thought I would stir the pot some and see if I was missing something. Thanks Ronnie, hope you guys get some rain down there this winter. I picked up my boat from Lubbock and it was scary dry down in the Republic then.

• 1 month later...

on the 08 vlx , we couldnt get them in so we moved fuel tank back abit , on the newer models they have left alot of room to change them.

Edited by malibu.c.c