Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Weekend Fun

Ozfabs

Had a great day on the Brisbane River yesterday. We are coming to the end of spring and its pushing high 90's air temp.

My wife had her 2nd ever go at surfing and loved it. She was also stepping it up on the Skyski.

Surf setup - Sunscape 20LSV with 250 ltr sack & 2 people on starboard side. One person in passenger /2nd captains seat.

post-11172-083148300 1321233521_thumb.jp

post-11172-026806900 1321233536_thumb.jp

Had a great day on the Brisbane River yesterday. We are coming to the end of spring and its pushing high 90's air temp.

My wife had her 2nd ever go at surfing and loved it. She was also stepping it up on the Skyski.

Surf setup - Sunscape 20LSV with 250 ltr sack & 2 people on starboard side. One person in passenger /2nd captains seat.

post-11172-033215300 1321233928_thumb.jp

post-11172-038799400 1321233939_thumb.jp

Nice man! Looks like a blast. Thumbup.gif Your wife is tearing it up.

I'm still hanging on to our season, but I'm going to loose the battle pretty soon!

You'll have to keep posting up awesome pics over our off season to keep our spirits up! Rockon.gif

Looks awesome! I'm jealous. Our boats winterized and tucked in the garage. Didn't even get above 45 today :(

You really shouldn't post pics on 'TheCrew' of you wearing your wife's hat though :Tease3:

Location is Clarence River, Grafton, New South Wales, Australia.

We stay at the http://bigriverholidaypark.com.au/ Its about 4.5 hrs drive south of Brisbane. This is where we held the 2011 and will be holding the 2012 Ozeflyin Hydrofoil event. http://vimeo.com/20635610 We pretty much take over the park.

No nasty critters in that water except Tige' owners....ROFL.gif

If you look through the web site pics it shows the water nice and brown. We had some massive floods in Brisbane and south that hammered the waterways pretty badly. Back to normal now though.

"wifes hat" LOL.gifCrazy.gif I hate jetskisTease2.gif

Cheers.gif

Looks awesome! I'm jealous. Our boats winterized and tucked in the garage. Didn't even get above 45 today :(

You really shouldn't post pics on 'TheCrew' of you wearing your wife's hat though :Tease3:

That's because you live in the eternal suckdum for weather region....

Great pics OzFabs.... one of these days I plan on visiting.

That's because you live in the eternal suckdum for weather region....

Great pics OzFabs.... one of these days I plan on visiting.

I don't know what you're talking about. It's in the low 40's, lightly raining, with dark clouds. A beautiful evening, looking out my backdoor.:crazy:

Looking out my window at 65 feet of visibility through a horizontal blizzard. Headed to 5 F degrees below zero tonight. The difficult thing for me at this point is knowing that winter has just begun.

So how hard is it to get a work visa in Australia? I do have a fondness for their beer even if it is brewed in Canada up here.

Australia is one of the places I want to visit in my lifetime. I'd even consider living there just simply from what I've read / seen on TV, but I hear it is uber expensive for anywhere people want to live.

As long as you dont want to live in the center of Sydney or Melbourne its not that expensive to live here.

My wife and I rent a 4 bedroom house with double garage and that costs us $370 AUS per week, we also own a couple of investment houses that only cost us in the vicinity of $200k each.

If your a skilled/professional worker and willing to work in regional towns the money that can be earned is very good, combined with cheap living costs, not to mention quiet waterways to go boating on!!

We often get our local little lake to ourselves after work on weekdays!! Even in the middle of Summer :) :)

The state of Queensland is and has been undergoing a massive mining boom which is expected to go on for decades ( minerals a plenty in these here grounds ). Just driving a big dump truck will pull in $120k AUD. The mining is out in the bush and over 1/2 of the workers fly in and then fly home at end of rotation ( can be from 1 week on - 1 week off up 5 weeks on - 5 weeks off ).

Big dollars for Engineers to Diesel Mechanics. Great if you can be sponsored by an employer as well.

This link should provide some interesting info on visa's etc. http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/

I am working full time and studying part time ( MasterClass 5 ) to change career to the Maritime sector ( also booming as a result of mining )

Definitely come for a holiday and check it out. I have 3 Belgian friends currently visiting. They have just got back from the Gold Coast & Byron Bay and loved it. Maybe wait until the Aussie dollar drops well below parity and then a visit will be worth every penny because you will have more..:)

The picture of the boats/water is Moreton Island. It's 40min in the Bu from Brisbane mainland to the shipwrecks. My favourite chill out place.

post-11172-049537600 1322051271_thumb.jp

post-11172-029485700 1322051652_thumb.jp

The picture of the boats/water is Moreton Island. It's 40min in the Bu from Brisbane mainland to the shipwrecks. My favourite chill out place.

That looks amazing!!! No shortage of adventure there!

-- Mike