Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Folding Illusion X Tower

RJ1

I need to start lowering my Illusion X tower to store it which I have not had to do in the past. Is it ok to rest the tower on the dash or would it be better to use a 2x4 or something similar to support it? My tower has two racks and four pro 60's on it. I don't know if different boats have different resting points on the dash but in my 05 23 foot LSV it sits right on the edge with only a very small spot supporting the whole tower.

I need to start lowering my Illusion X tower to store it which I have not had to do in the past. Is it ok to rest the tower on the dash or would it be better to use a 2x4 or something similar to support it? My tower has two racks and four pro 60's on it. I don't know if different boats have different resting points on the dash but in my 05 23 foot LSV it sits right on the edge with only a very small spot supporting the whole tower.

Don't rest it directly on the dash. My boat came with a heavy foam pad that I still use. Fold it in 1/2 and place it between the dash and the tower. It is about the same size as a throwable cushion, I think you could use one of those also.

Malibu makes a holder for this It can't cost much My friend have a 08 VLX it came with one or just use a 2x4 with a piece of rubber on the end. I wouldn't use the dash over time you are asking for trouble. I just bought a 06 Vride and I am buying the holder when I get ready to store.

Mine doesn't hit the dash, but another option that might work for some of you, is just use a bungee or some rope and tie the tower up from the ceiling of the garage. I do that so I can still maneuver around the boat while its in the garage.