Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Boatmate Trailers - Lowrider option?

old skool malibu

The lowrider option from extreme included 14" tires with lowpro tires, sure that's what you want? It won't be a lowrider unless you go with smaller tires so the trailer can be lowered.

Edited by Bobby Light

The lowrider option from extreme included 14" tires with lowpro tires, sure that's what you want? It won't be a lowrider unless you go with smaller tires so the trailer can be lowered.

No not really. Just want to make sure I am considering all options when ordering the new boat. I have a 8ft door and could go to 9 if I really wanted. Just trying to see if my new VTX would fit in under a 9 ft door and it won't with a standard boatmate. Then again these new G3's are much easier to raise and lower then the Illusion.

I have an 8' door in my boat garage and on my BM trailer with the 18" rims with the G3 lowered all the way (racks still on facing outboard) my '10 LSV fits with almost 2" to spare. If I had a second set of racks mounted in the upper holes I am pretty sure they would have to come off, but 2 allen srews would be a small inconvenience to remove.

If the axle is not dropped you can probably turn it over to locate the springs on the bottom. Do I need to come over a do it for you too. :Tease3: Canadians

Edited by Bradley Thornton

If the axle is not dropped you can probably turn it over to locate the springs on the bottom. Do I need to come over a do it for you too. :Tease3: Canadians

You do understand that the trailers in question are NOT leaf spring trailers right :whistle: .

No not really. Just want to make sure I am considering all options when ordering the new boat. I have a 8ft door and could go to 9 if I really wanted. Just trying to see if my new VTX would fit in under a 9 ft door and it won't with a standard boatmate. Then again these new G3's are much easier to raise and lower then the Illusion.

My LSV with the G3 fits in my 8' door with several inches to spare. This is sitting on an Extreme trailer that definitely does not have the lowrider option. I do of course have to lower the tower but that takes no more than 5 min and I don't even have to be in the boat to do it (disclaimer: My tower speakers do come off at the ramp though so that weight is not on there). I agree with WDR though in the fact that racks in the upper position mess that scenario up and makes the highest point the rack and it's to tall.

I don't see a VTX sitting up any higher than an LSV while on the trailer given the fact that the LSV actually has to sit above the fenders because of width.

Edited by Bobby Light

Rob, I am pretty sure that no matter what you will not be able to get the boat through a 9 foot door with the tower up regardless of the trailer. I put mine in every day and lower the tower n my own and put it back up inside. And 06/Bobby Light is correct even on the VTX the upper racks are the highest points on the boat. Even with the 20's on my Extreme trailer it fits, barely! :crazy:

Rob, I am pretty sure that no matter what you will not be able to get the boat through a 9 foot door with the tower up regardless of the trailer. I put mine in every day and lower the tower n my own and put it back up inside. And 06/Bobby Light is correct even on the VTX the upper racks are the highest points on the boat. Even with the 20's on my Extreme trailer it fits, barely! :crazy:

I thought I read on the tower height thread that on boatmate the VTX was 9'2" so thinking a lowrider option or torsion bar adjust could possibly work. Again not a big deal as the G3 is much easier to lower than the Illusion XS with 4 speakers on it!

I thought I read on the tower height thread that on boatmate the VTX was 9'2" so thinking a lowrider option or torsion bar adjust could possibly work. Again not a big deal as the G3 is much easier to lower than the Illusion XS with 4 speakers on it!

It is easier, but make sure when you get the new boat that it has the proper tower shocks in it. My tower did not and it was still bloody heavy! We changed them out and it made a huge difference.

Edited by Malibuzer

It is easier, but make sure when you get the new boat that it has the proper tower shicks in it. My tower did not and it was still bloody heavy! We changed them out and it made a huge difference.

Thanks Trent. Is this something I should request from Ron at the time of ordering?

ouch... taking a run at canadians...ballsy... who are you going to take a run at in post 13...

i would move to BC in a heartbeat too if there was work for what i do in the interior

Edited by G-Mack

I would move to BC in a heartbeat if I could keep my current job! Vernon area, here I come!

Yes it's nice living here but it seems like i'm just getting by. Feels like everytime I turn around, the BC tax man is in my pocket. Seems like I need to spend 10-15 yrs in Alberta to get ahead financial and then move back to BC. I wish I had the problem of wondering if my new boat will fit into my garage.

Ha, ha use to work in forestry and lived in Invermere, Golden and Cranbrook. Got tired of all the red plates or Albortions as we are know as across the border, showing up with all the toys. Nice to live there but hard to get by..especially with all the Alberta money making it even more expensive for the locals to live. Oil and Gas pays a little better than forestry!

Edited by old skool malibu