Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Bake's Resource & How-To Library

Bake's Marine

M-Crew,

Thought I would post up a link to spread the word about the updated Bake's Resource Library.

We have been working hard getting together all this information over the past few weeks and since more than a majority of you are do it yourself boaters I thought you could get a lot of value from this page next time your troubleshooting or working on your own boat.

Let me know what you think!

Thanks

Paul

You know Paul this is really the behavior I've come to expect from you :thumbup: . Nice collection of all things relevant to us DIY guys :notworthy: .

Edited by Bobby Light

WOW, that is a good selection of documents. I really appreciate the LS1 winterizing article, as the Indmar manual (though it covers the LS1) does not come close to correctly covering the procedure. I'll probably follow that next year vs sucking RV antifreeze through the raw water system.

Thank you Paul and Bakes ! That show's an amazing amount of work and in a great layout on top of that !

There's no doubt, over a long haul treasure's like this help an owner maximize quality time with their beloved machines !

Sincerely,

Steve B.

Glad you all like it!! I hope this is a good way to pay you back for being such great Bake's Supporters and customers. We would not be Bakes with out you!!!!

-Paul

Wow....That's a lotta info. Thanks Paul!

I guess I can take the rest of the winter off from this site.

Vacation well deserved Pete! I'm working on one up'ing your winterize document....

Man, do you actually do anything besides help people out! Great info. Thanks a lot Paul! :rockon:

Its my job to help you guys (and gals)

Wait I'm confused I was told a 1235 was the right Prop from ACME for a 2010 LS3 247 LSV and now it states its a 1939??

http://www.bakesonli...libuPropApp.pdf

That's the stock prop list, but your boat could be ordered with a 1235 (dealer can specify) Personally i would run the 1235 on there so your all good!

Very Nice... Can you add the MDC troubleshooting guides currently available on the Epic Marine site - as well as others. http://www.epicmarin.../MDCtrouble.PDF

Thanks for the link!! Will add that to the library for sure. If there is anything else you guys would like me to add just let me know!!!!

-Paul

WOW, that is a good selection of documents. I really appreciate the LS1 winterizing article, as the Indmar manual (though it covers the LS1) does not come close to correctly covering the procedure. I'll probably follow that next year vs sucking RV antifreeze through the raw water system.

Glad it helped somebody all ready!

-Paul

Those are way cool!!!

Thanks.

Forgive me for being foolish, but no one has directed me to the right place, despite requests in several threads: What is the draining procedure for a 383 Hammerhead? I am not sure if there is a different nomenclature for that engine that I am not aware of...(it is not the same as the LY6, or could it be?). Or at least a suggestion as to which engine has nearly identical process for getting all of the water out.

Those are way cool!!!

Thanks.

Forgive me for being foolish, but no one has directed me to the right place, despite requests in several threads: What is the draining procedure for a 383 Hammerhead? I am not sure if there is a different nomenclature for that engine that I am not aware of...(it is not the same as the LY6, or could it be?). Or at least a suggestion as to which engine has nearly identical process for getting all of the water out.

The best directions for you to follow would be Pistol Pete's link in his signature MCrew Winterize Link

The closest link i have is the 5.7L Page (your engine uses straight 40w oil vs 15w-40) Indmar 5.7L Procedure

-Paul

Edited by Bake's Marine

M-Crew,

Thought I would post up a link to spread the word about the updated Bake's Resource Library.

We have been working hard getting together all this information over the past few weeks and since more than a majority of you are do it yourself boaters I thought you could get a lot of value from this page next time your troubleshooting or working on your own boat.

Let me know what you think!

Thanks

Paul

wow, that is awesome! thanks Paul!

The best directions for you to follow would be Pistol Pete's link in his signature MCrew Winterize Link

The closest link i have is the 5.7L Page (your engine uses straight 40w oil vs 15w-40) Indmar 5.7L Procedure

-Paul

Thanks! I suspected that the drainage process was essentially the same, but needed a little confirmation. I appreciate it!

Now I am going to go buy some more stuff at Bakesonline.

Edited by TallRedRider

Great stuff paul!

Any chance you'll get the LED tower lights working for those of us with tube towers?

that's on my list for this winter to dial in. We did some prototypes by I want to change a few things. I will post something on the crew when I have a running model I can take pictures of.