Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

BFrank

Hey guys, just bought my first Malibu, picked up a 2000 Sunsetter LXI that is brand new!! Had a 1997 Tige Pre 2000 WT that I sold to get a bigger boat!

Any other guys out there with this same boat? and tips or things to look out for?

Thanks

Bert

Welcome to the site, BFrank.

Talltigeguy from the Tige owner's website here. I think you can find this site to be every bit as useful as the Tige website can be. But it is probably a little more organized. I have found answers to pretty well all of my questions here. Very pleased overall.

Congrats on the boat! And pictures here are mandatory when talking about a new boat.

I'm going to pick her up next friday so I dont have any good pictures of her yet!! I will post them as soon as I can!!

Hey Talltigeguy, or TallRedRider feels weird on a new fourm! You still lurk on theTige fourm? I still plan on popping in from time to time. Lots of good friends that I would miss. I would have bought another Tige they just doent make a good slalom boat anymore. :(

Hey guys, just bought my first Malibu, picked up a 2000 Sunsetter LXI that is brand new!! Had a 1997 Tige Pre 2000 WT that I sold to get a bigger boat!

Any other guys out there with this same boat? and tips or things to look out for?

Thanks

Bert

A12 year old boat that is Brand New? I would like to hear the story behind this one.. And lets see some pics when you can..

Welcome to the Crew,.

Welcome to the board! The Sunsetter LXI is a fantastic boat that can really do it all well. It skis extremely well and can still be a blast to board behind. Mu uncle had one for several years and I really miss it. It was a great boat.

Welcome to the board! The Sunsetter LXI is a fantastic boat that can really do it all well. It skis extremely well and can still be a blast to board behind. Mu uncle had one for several years and I really miss it. It was a great boat.

Love the picture!! Yea from what I read its still a great ski boat with tons of room for what ever else you want to handle. My Tige was a great slalom boat, just not enough room for the kids to bring friends. Need to get a tower put on this winter so I can hang some speakers and get her rockin on the lake!!