Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Dead Dash on 2001 Wakesetter

Kman

I am helping a buddy buy a boat. We looked at a 2001 Wakesetter yesterday. The boat was OK on cosmetics. Interior had a few minor issues. the gel coat was a little faded but nothing too major. The motor ran great and the steering and transmission were flawless. One of the big deals on the boat was that none of the gauges on the dash worked. The speedo, tach. gas gauge, volt meter, temp gauge, oil pressure, etc were deal as door nails. The other stuff on the dash worked like the nav lights, stereo, bilge and ballast pump, horn. They were all fine.

Any idea if this was a standard problem on the 2001 Wakesetters? And more importantly, is there an easy fix? If not an easy fix, what could I expect to spend to have a pro do it? Electronics and I do not get along well:)

Thanks for the help