Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Perko inline flush kit

Sliderfiii

thinking of buying a perko inline flush kit and had a couple of questions

will it suck antifreeze from a bucket if a hose is attached and just placed in the bucket with engine running?....or does this unit only work when a hose is hooked up to a tap with water pressure on?

is this worth the $$$ ??

thanks in advance....

thinking of buying a perko inline flush kit and had a couple of questions

will it suck antifreeze from a bucket if a hose is attached and just placed in the bucket with engine running?....or does this unit only work when a hose is hooked up to a tap with water pressure on?

is this worth the $$$ ??

thanks in advance....

It works great. I had to buy reinforced hose for my antifreeze kit though because the engine suction collapsed the flimsy hose that came with it.

Totally worth it got my Perko from Paul @ Bakes (my Perko installed is pictured on his site). There is a attachment that opens the ball valve to allow anti freeze to flow into the system. I ended up picking up a "Bucket Ape" (basically a 5 gallon pail with a hose adaptor and shut off valve already installed) which allows me to simply connect a short piece of garden hose from the bucket to the Perko . Here are the links http://www.bakesonline.com/detail.aspx?ID=821 http://bucketape.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=136&Itemid=2

Totally worth it got my Perko from Paul @ Bakes (my Perko installed is pictured on his site). There is a attachment that opens the ball valve to allow anti freeze to flow into the system. I ended up picking up a "Bucket Ape" (basically a 5 gallon pail with a hose adaptor and shut off valve already installed) which allows me to simply connect a short piece of garden hose from the bucket to the Perko . Here are the links http://www.bakesonline.com/detail.aspx?ID=821 http://bucketape.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=136&Itemid=2

were you able to find the bucket in Canada?

I would highly reccomend this bucket ape set up to anyone who is thinking about making a winterizaion bucket. :thumbup:

I would highly reccomend this bucket ape set up to anyone who is thinking about making a winterizaion bucket. :thumbup:

won't a hose in a large bucket sitting on the ground beside trailer or on floor on floor of boat suck the antifreeze via impellor with engine running?

were you able to find the bucket in Canada?

It was a pain but I had the guy from bucket ape ship it to me. He typically doesnt ship to canada so there were a few challenges but i am sure if you contact him he will work with you.

won't a hose in a large bucket sitting on the ground beside trailer or on floor on floor of boat suck the antifreeze via impellor with engine running?

Probably... This set up is clean, no mess and the shut off valve allows me to control the flow.

It was a pain but I had the guy from bucket ape ship it to me. He typically doesnt ship to canada so there were a few challenges but i am sure if you contact him he will work with you.

probably cost more to get it here than what the bucket costs!

maybe the valve only is the answer(small to ship) and rig it to a bucket here?

probably cost more to get it here than what the bucket costs!

maybe the valve only is the answer(small to ship) and rig it to a bucket here?

I think all in I was around $40 for the bucket and shipping.

I think all in I was around $40 for the bucket and shipping.

Just called Rob at Bucket Ape in Florida....nice guy. I will probably just order the garden hose adapter and have him mail it ...then drill a hole in a bucket here.

He was interested in what you did in Calgary and the marine application in general....I am going to flip him an email the the Perko valve from Bakes .

He primarily sells to the tiling industry and has never seen snow so had no idea that there could be a marine market for this throught the northern USA and Canada

Just called Rob at Bucket Ape in Florida....nice guy. I will probably just order the garden hose adapter and have him mail it ...then drill a hole in a bucket here.

He was interested in what you did in Calgary and the marine application in general....I am going to flip him an email the the Perko valve from Bakes .

He primarily sells to the tiling industry and has never seen snow so had no idea that there could be a marine market for this throught the northern USA and Canada

I think we should hook him up with Paul @ Bakes. It would be great if Paul sold these. I am very happy with the set up! Yes Rob is a great guy..was super helpful with my order!! You can also order from Sears but not Sears here in Canada :(:(

Edited by old skool malibu

If I buy this setup and run it through my engine, will my engine be totally winterized or is there more to it?

Danno there is more to it...there are various threads in the forum dealing with winterizing .....one common opinion is to drain the water ....some run antifreeze and then drain again as a precaution ....this is what I do to make sure any left over water is out..

If I buy this setup and run it through my engine, will my engine be totally winterized or is there more to it?

Danno - you have the Caddy Supercharged which I believe is closed cooling. Actually pretty siimple to do with your motor but with the cost of that thing I would not mess around unless you are 100% confident in what you are doing!! I assume Malibu Marine in Kelowna or River City in Kamloops winterized it for you?

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys... long time troller, first time poster. Want to thank Rob and Gordan for their support and great information. I've put together a video demonstrating what Gordan tried filling me in on about the flush kit using our products. Wanted to get your guys' feedback to make sure I got it right! I have to admit I've never seen anyone do something like this before, but it certainly worked like a charm. Thanks, Rob the Silverback at BucketApe.com

The video can be found at youtube by searching for "How to winterize your boat - Cheap and Easy with Bucket Ape" and I'll attempt to put the link in here too -->

Hey guys... long time troller, first time poster. Want to thank Rob and Gordan for their support and great information. I've put together a video demonstrating what Gordan tried filling me in on about the flush kit using our products. Wanted to get your guys' feedback to make sure I got it right! I have to admit I've never seen anyone do something like this before, but it certainly worked like a charm. Thanks, Rob the Silverback at BucketApe.com

The video can be found at youtube by searching for "How to winterize your boat - Cheap and Easy with Bucket Ape" and I'll attempt to put the link in here too -->

Looks like you pretty much got it. Most of us here on the crew are running a V-Drive inboard but the concept is similar. We first have to drain our motors then the run the antifreeze through. For me I installed the Perko Flush Pro before the impeller which allowed for easy hook-up of the garden hose to the BucketApe. http://www.bakesonline.com/detail.aspx?ID=821. If you want more particulars on the winterizing procedure Paul @ Bakes has put together a good resource library where you can learn more. Here is the link http://www.bakesonline.com/boatinfo.aspx

Edited by old skool malibu

$3.00..really? What did you use and where did you get it?

Had the bucket, went to Menards and bought a spicket. On my Tige instead of the Perko I had a pvc t with a shut off. It made it super easy to winterize and run in the driveway.

Had the bucket, went to Menards and bought a spicket. On my Tige instead of the Perko I had a pvc t with a shut off. It made it super easy to winterize and run in the driveway.

Well done. Post up some picks!

your welcome!

Gord