Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

upgrade

windy1

looking at a 2002 wakesetter VLX. moving up from my 01 sunsetter DD. 80% wake boarding and 20% rec slolom skiing. any down side to the VLX. It has stock ballast and wedge.

You might want to consider a diamond hull (SV23 Diamond Hull - introduces in 98'). The diamond hull provides a stunning slalom wake for a v-drive, but still gives you the wedge and a very nice wakeboard wake IMO. It can be identified by the downward chines when looking at the bottom of the hull form the transom.

Here's a great post from Tracie that will help tell the difference when scoping out boats. Thumbup.gif

If you don't mind a wake when skiing, then the wake hull should suit you fine - especially since you said 80% of the time your boarding.

Depending on the size of your crew you may want to look at the WS LSV on a diamond hull as well. The same basic boat is in the 21 foot version. I have the WS LSV 23. Great boat for 6 plus.

Edited by dlb

Or do a Sunsetter V-Drive. 2001 was the first year for the Diamond Hull in the Sunsetter. I love mine, and have been pleased thus far with the wake running The Wedge, 500lbs in each locker and 300lbs up front (I am upgrading to 750 per locker and likely weight in the ski locker over the winter, and expect an even nicer wake). I had only done open water slalom on I/O's prior to getting our Sunsetter, but the Slalom wake at 26MPH+ has been FAR, FAR, FAR superior to the I/O wake of my last boat, a 17' I/O.

I think a sunsetter v would be the ticket. basicly my boat in a v drive would be great. but realy it's whatever I can get thats a good deal. If a good deal does not come my way i will just add ballast to my sunsetter DD. i am looking at the wakesetter on Sunday and will let you guys know how it turnes out.

Edited by windy1

Looked at the 02 wakesetter and could not find the hour meter. the normal spot on the bottom of the tach has the perfect pass controls. the owner is taking it in to get hours from the computer is there any other way to find hours. this boat needs lots of work as it sat outside for a number of years after a repo. it does have some potential but even at $19,000 it's to much work for me. I was on my way home when I realized I may be harassed for not taking pictures. sorry. the boat is on boattrader in Durant OK if anyone is interested. It's orange (yuk)