Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Our baby Wakesetter

kayakwv

With the cold November nights, I can now check in on the the VLX engine compartment with my remote temperature monitor. Right now, it's a comfortable 55deg. Feels like a got a new little one sleeping the crib, while I listen in with the baby monitor. So much fun, I think I'll add a video monitor to the boathouse. I love having a surfing boat!

Our weather station in the house is also reporting the boat's engine temps. My wife has twice said, "There is no way it is in the 50's out there!" She then remembered it's not the outside air temp but the boat's engine temp. LOL.gif

Our weather station in the house is also reporting the boat's engine temps. My wife has twice said, "There is no way it is in the 50's out there!" She then remembered it's not the outside air temp but the boat's engine temp. LOL.gif

I pitty to fool who has to worry about this.... ;)

So, I probably missed something but remote weather station? Baby monitor? (the stupid question part) what's the preferred alternative to monitor the block temp? I try to keep the boat ready to ride with minimal work but I do drain the water, what are you guys using to monitor the temps ?

No block heater for my boat- heated garage, drained block, heater and shower- I did not pull the hoses on the front of the engine/impeller- just had the 100 hour service

I'm just not ready to put the boat up for the season, so it's drained after every session, covered with a light in the lockers on a timer, and temperature monitor just for fun. Broke ground on the boat garage today, so the VLX will have a warm nest before winter. Until then, it's drysuit season on the Ohio.