Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Is the boat ready for next season?

Hey guys, so last winter we winterized are boat and then had it dewinterized for the summer. I went off for college and we had a busy summer so the boat didnt get taken out this summer. So pretty much the boat has all fresh fluids and hasnt been started since being dewinterized. So is the boat ready to go for next summer even though its been sitting? Its not necessary to change the oil again because its been sitting right?

Im hoping to do a few sets in december :rockon:

Edited by txmxer

If its been dewinterized I would think its been started and if so it should be drained. The Block, exhaust system, and any heaters or showers. I would not mess with the oil but if it has fuel in it its getting old. I might siphon it out and use it in something and get some fresh fuel and stabilizer in it.

The 2 issues I see are fuel, the stabilizer doesn't last forever, and fogging the cylinder walls again. But to introduce new stabilizer and fogging oil properly you'll need to start the boat, so basically you'll have to winterize/dewinterize without the fluid changes.

Ok I think we might have already drained all the gas iirc, and also we dont need to winterize it because the boat is in southern california and it doesnt get cold enough. Thanks guys just wanted to make sure were going to be all good to go.