Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Hello

TheBoy82

What's up everyone? New to the site and hoping to learn a little more about Malibu boats. My current boat is an i/o (1977 Starcraft) but I have been fortunate enough to have friends and relatives that own real ski/wakeboard boats of which are a mixture of Nautiques, MasterCrafts, and Malibu. I'm in the process of tracking down a boat that I would like to purchase. I have it narrowed down to a 05/06 Wakesetter VLX...i think. I know that I want a Malibu for sure. I like the way they drive, look, and how they feel to ride behind. I'll try not to ask too stupid questions. :cheers: -P.J.

What's up everyone? New to the site and hoping to learn a little more about Malibu boats. My current boat is an i/o (1977 Starcraft) but I have been fortunate enough to have friends and relatives that own real ski/wakeboard boats of which are a mixture of Nautiques, MasterCrafts, and Malibu. I'm in the process of tracking down a boat that I would like to purchase. I have it narrowed down to a 05/06 Wakesetter VLX...i think. I know that I want a Malibu for sure. I like the way they drive, look, and how they feel to ride behind. I'll try not to ask too stupid questions. :cheers: -P.J.

Nice to meet you and welcome to the crew! We have an 06 VLX and couldn't be happier. Good luck with the search. What extras are you looking for in a boat? We might be able to help you out.

Where do you ride at? I ride the Maumee River with a bunch of people. Best wakeboarding in our area. Maybe you would want to join us for some sets next season.

Nice to meet you and welcome to the crew! We have an 06 VLX and couldn't be happier. Good luck with the search. What extras are you looking for in a boat? We might be able to help you out.

Well, as far as extras; I'd like a Bimini top, board racks, the monsoon engine and a tandem axle trailer. I'm leaning towards the illusion tower. But if the boat had a titan tower, it wouldn't be a deal breaker if the price was right. An upgraded stereo would be killer, but I'm capable to doing that myself.

welcome!

....just got rid of my 74 Starcraft

post-16725-091870000 1320254283_thumb.jp

for this 99 Malibu Sportster.....

post-16725-027630600 1320254682_thumb.jp

Very nice, congrats on the Sportster.

Here's my baby: 270151_2222252644134_1482249256_2548075_1271589_n.jpg

Where do you ride at? I ride the Maumee River with a bunch of people. Best wakeboarding in our area. Maybe you would want to join us for some sets next season.

I ride on the Maumee too, usually launch at Mary Jane. I think you know my buddy Andrew? he has the orange and white A22

Well, as far as extras; I'd like a Bimini top, board racks, the monsoon engine and a tandem axle trailer. I'm leaning towards the illusion tower. But if the boat had a titan tower, it wouldn't be a deal breaker if the price was right. An upgraded stereo would be killer, but I'm capable to doing that myself.

Welcome to the site. It has been a great source of info since we bought our first Malibu last fall. The titan tower is a much better tower than the illusion and I am not just saying that because I have a titan tower on my boat. There have been a lot of issues with the illusion tower.

I ride on the Maumee too, usually launch at Mary Jane. I think you know my buddy Andrew? he has the orange and white A22

Yeah for sure man! We'll have to get together next season. Maybe you should consider purchasing a 2011 Axis A20.

I have a lot of stupid answers. :innocent:

Pete beat me too it. Oh well. :welcome: and as mentioned earelier we like stupid questions here as they generally keep us all entertained :tease1: . So ask away, we will answer as best we can.

You will definately behappy with a VLX.

"Best wakeboarding in our area"

Wrong, the best wakeboard spot in northern ohio is the huron river.

I have the illusion tower and have had no problems, very solid tower.

Where do you live at in Toledo? I live over by the university. I always launch at a private site right at the 109 bridge and ride with glass city water ski club. I also know Andrew and see him from time to time, did he get his boat fixed or was it totaled out after being rear ended?

Where do you live at in Toledo? I live over by the university. I always launch at a private site right at the 109 bridge and ride with glass city water ski club. I also know Andrew and see him from time to time, did he get his boat fixed or was it totaled out after being rear ended?

Nice! I'm actually in Sylvania just off of Flanders Rd. I used to be part of the BG Waterski team, now I'm their club adviser since I work there, so I've been at the 109 site many times. I think he's still working with insurance about the boat, he's been working a lot so I haven't had a chance to talk to him.

Welcome to the crew. I'm from Napoleon and am pretty familiar with the muddy maumee. Since I got my boat I sorta miss Ohio, seems like a lot more people ride and are on this site than down here in Charlotte. My wife and I also graduated from BG, did they even have a ski team back in the early 2000's ?

Here's my baby: 270151_2222252644134_1482249256_2548075_1271589_n.jpg

I kinda like that old boat! But you can't beat an inboard. Welcome to the crew, and good luck with the search.

And there are no such things as stupid questions or answers on this site. Have you ever had a Subway sandwich?

Welcome to the crew. I'm from Napoleon and am pretty familiar with the muddy maumee. Since I got my boat I sorta miss Ohio, seems like a lot more people ride and are on this site than down here in Charlotte. My wife and I also graduated from BG, did they even have a ski team back in the early 2000's ?

Yeah, we started it in late 2002? I think. I graduated in '04 so I had a couple seasons on the team, it was a great time.

I kinda like that old boat! But you can't beat an inboard. Welcome to the crew, and good luck with the search.

And there are no such things as stupid questions or answers on this site. Have you ever had a Subway sandwich?

Thanks. It will be a sad day when I get rid of it. My parents bought it brand new, then I sorta took it over when I got older. I've put a lot of work into it to keep it nice.

Nice! I'm actually in Sylvania just off of Flanders Rd. I used to be part of the BG Waterski team, now I'm their club adviser since I work there, so I've been at the 109 site many times. I think he's still working with insurance about the boat, he's been working a lot so I haven't had a chance to talk to him.

Haha, that's cool. Yeah we have had a good time working with BG and pulling them each fall. This year the weather was kind of though and we started pulling a little later than usual but the BG team had an okay year. If you want to get out sometime let me know.

:rofl: Whats wrong with a "subway sandwich"? :whistle: