Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

anti freeze not being sucked in transom flush socket help!

malibu.c.c

run engine with hose in rear flush socket got temp up to 160 ..turn of

put bucket with anti freeze on platform stuck 5 foot hose into transom flush but its not being sucked..

i was told it would get pulled up but scared to leave it long not to over heart engine ..after 15-20 seconds i turned it off

any help appreciated

The flush pro depends on water pressure. When you are using unpressurized water there is a small plastic piece you need to insert between the flushpro and the intake hose. It should be connected with a little plastic loop where the flush pro and the intake hose meet.

flushpro.jpg

Edited by shawndoggy

The flush pro depends on water pressure. When you are using unpressurized water there is a small plastic piece you need to insert between the flushpro and the intake hose. It should be connected with a little plastic loop where the flush pro and the intake hose meet.

flushpro.jpg

You are correct that it depends on water pressure.

I have the factory installed flushpro, and I don't have the little plastic piece your are talking about. Since the OP is talking about the transom, I'm assuming that the factory install option is being discussed.

just checked mine has factory fitted flush kit and the hose from the flush system goes into the area were you have the plastic peace.

no plastic piece

Edited by malibu.c.c

Weaksauce! Why would Malibu remove the flush piece from the unit?

In that case I guess I'd pull the flushpro and rig up a system to deliver the antifreeze right into the raw water pickup hose.