Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

NEW GoPro HD Hero2

Bake's Marine

Thought I would share this with the crew since I didn't see it pop up on the forum yet. GoPro Came out with a new HD Camera on Monday that blew the doors off their old HD camera (see all the specs). After seeing all the updates and changes (including Wi-Fi capability, soon to come) I think i'm going to retire my HD camera and make the upgrade myself to the new camera. Looks a lot more user friendly too.

The old HD Camera's are now $239 while supplies last (they will no longer be producing the packages) and the Hero2's are selling for $299.

Something to think about for Christmas, I've got all the new camera's up on www.bakesonline.com now if you don't have a local shop to pick one up at.

Here is a shot from my HD: post-4023-090023200 1319735681_thumb.jpg

Cheers!!

-Paul

Edited by Bake's Marine

Son of a.....

They always come out with something better just after I buy something!

I've been delivering iPhone 4ses all week.

As soon as the person signs for the package I say "So Mr. Red Rum, you do realize that this phone is out of date now that you signed for it". :rofl:

Take it back! Buyer's remorse!

Guess I shouldn't say just bought....its been about 9 months haha.

Nice..... 4 LEDs huh. So now we won't always get that infamous "Is this thing on" shot?? :rofl:

Bill-hawks20102.jpg

I get that A LOT with mine! Thank God for editing software!

that is one ugly woman riding that surfboard......sorry, had to say it. :crazy::rofl:

Whatever Monkey Man Crazy.gif

Son of a.....

They always come out with something better just after I buy something!

Isn't that how it always works? They kept this under wraps for some time, pretty stoked on all the changes they made.

Nice..... 4 LEDs huh. So now we won't always get that infamous "Is this thing on" shot?? :rofl:

I know, Every time i start my camera there are 2 or 3 of those shots that I always delete off.. This one was a keeper though... this is somebody on the crew who will remain unnamed....ROFL.gif

post-4023-046781500 1319758660_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bake's Marine

I got a gopro for a wedding gift 2 weeks ago, we have got a ton of use out of it, but last Saturday, it was on on my ski, and it snapped off right at the hinge above the mount. I even had it tied off on my boot!! but sad to say it is now on the bottom of the lake. I guess i learned my lesson, but now I have an excuse to get the HD!! We are still gonna try to get it off the bottom this weekend. Anyone in MN have any scuba gear?

Ya, I probably should have gotten something like that right away, I was just too excited to use it! I will buy one before the new camera touches the water though. Thanks for the link.

Whatever Monkey Man Crazy.gif

Isn't that how it always works? They kept this under wraps for some time, pretty stoked on all the changes they made.

I know, Every time i start my camera there are 2 or 3 of those shots that I always delete off.. This one was a keeper though... this is somebody on the crew who will remain unnamed....ROFL.gif

post-4023-046781500 1319758660_thumb.jpg

BABYRUTH. Chunk like badyruth!

A little late for you now, but we've shown this off in this forum before. http://www.gofloatit.com/

GoPro Has their own flotation device now too, called the floaty back door that comes with a extra door so you don't have to always have it on the GoPro. I just ordered a few for stock and one for myself since I usually give away a few key chains to put on the mount bolt.

-Paul

GoPro Has their own flotation device now too, called the floaty back door that comes with a extra door so you don't have to always have it on the GoPro. I just ordered a few for stock and one for myself since I usually give away a few key chains to put on the mount bolt.

-Paul

Hehe, Billy's gonna hate that. Looks like the exact same thing. :Doh:

The way I worked with it was to put a Surftech EZ-Plug on the back. Then you can tether it to whatever else, the boat, board, etc.

ezPlug-300x188.jpg

Hehe, Billy's gonna hate that. Looks like the exact same thing. :Doh:

The way I worked with it was to put a Surftech EZ-Plug on the back. Then you can tether it to whatever else, the boat, board, etc.

ezPlug-300x188.jpg

It does look very similar... I like that they made it a bright color so its easy to find.

Gee thanks for posting this Paul. :crazy: Now I have to get one of these too.

Supposed to be saving my $$ not spending it. :biggrin:

I'm stoked on the new camera, since I had to buy one I figured I had to make you get one too...

-Paul

Hehe, funny how that works, huh.

Hows that saying go? Paybacks are a biotch. :rofl:

you know it!!! I will have to bring it to the next wow so we can have some fun with it since mine managed to get left at the house last time.

We will be rocking two new born's in the group so it might not be as rowdy as last year... at least in our house. Hopefully the Air Junky boys are bunking up next door again so we can crash their party :)

-Paul

you know it!!! I will have to bring it to the next wow so we can have some fun with it since mine managed to get left at the house last time.

We will be rocking two new born's in the group so it might not be as rowdy as last year... at least in our house. Hopefully the Air Junky boys are bunking up next door again so we can crash their party :)

-Paul

Hmmmmm, I don't know.... Gorilla! What do you think?! Can those ole dad's handle what we'd put them thru? :yahoo: