Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

engine tempetarure heating to 195 sometimes...

Gabrielwakesetter

Someone else on the crew said they had overheat issues. They could not figure out the problem and the engine would get so hot the paint on the exhaust manifolds would blister. It ended up being no water flow through the exhaust and the water jacket in the manifolds were blocked.

Someone else on the crew said they had overheat issues. They could not figure out the problem and the engine would get so hot the paint on the exhaust manifolds would blister. It ended up being no water flow through the exhaust and the water jacket in the manifolds were blocked.

bingo, that is exactly what happened to me. blisters...I already replaced the water pump for a new one. It was 900 hours so I thought it would be good to replace it. and again everything is "normal" but I can not explain the temperature fluctuation and the spike that made the blisters.

And Yes, I re-checked the honeycomb (both sides) and nothing there. I also unplugged the water hose that goes to the manifold and was throwing water...I hope I don't see a spike again...

I'm wondering if the circulating pump has gone bad? Assuming it has one, I'm not familiar with that engine.

But that might explain why at 4000 rpms it got hotter ?

The only other thing I can think of is a defective thermostat. (didn't go back in the posts to see if you did this already)

Let us know how it goes,

Steve B.

That is one of the most amazing things I've read in a while. 900 hours on a 2010.....dang I could only do that if I rode for a living. Thumbup.gif

yeah...that is quite a feat to put 900 hours on a boat in 2 years. :rockon: Hope you get your problem figured out....so you can put another 900 hours on it.