Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

collinite 925

What is possible to put on the rub rail? Mine is plenty of scratch and I would like to clean it this winter. Thanks

Acetone. Just be careful - a little dab will do ya on the rubber rail. Also note if you get it on the gel coat it will strip the wax off so be sure to re-wax the surrounding area. Acetone is actually used to prep the gel coat for spraying new gel coat.

Bought the fiberglass cleaner and 925 based on the recommendation from martinarcher and a few others on here. Haven't tried it on the Bu yet but it made my black mustang look great, gives it that wet paint look. Easy to put on and take off. Thanks to this thread I will now keep it inside at room temps instead of in the garage when it gets cold at night. The consistency of mine was more of lotion than liquid. The bottle said to shake before using but my stuff wouldn't budge, guess the cold temps are responsible for this.

I sprayed the truck off today to wash it and took this pic after what I saw reminding me of this thread. This truck hasn't been waxed since last November with Collinite's and still beads like this. Rockon.gif

IMAG0617.jpg

Of course if you post a dirty pic you need a clean one. Whistling.gif

IMAG0618.jpg

I sprayed the truck off today to wash it and took this pic after what I saw reminding me of this thread. This truck hasn't been waxed since last November with Collinite's and still beads like this. Rockon.gif

IMAG0617.jpg

IMAG0618.jpg

I absolutely love that truck, ma!!!!

I sprayed the truck off today to wash it and took this pic after what I saw reminding me of this thread. This truck hasn't been waxed since last November with Collinite's and still beads like this. [

Hey Martin, did you use the 925 or the insulator wax?

Thanks,

I absolutely love that truck, ma!!!!

Thanks man. I've been looking ahead to having kiddos and debating if I should sell it and buy an 4 door Ecoboost F150. Tough decision for sure! A new truck just doesn't have the character a restored 71' does....and I don't have a truck payment Thumbup.gif

Hey Martin, did you use the 925 or the insulator wax?

Thanks,

I used the insulator wax, but after talking with Collinite's they are identical. They actually bottle the same product in two different bottles and sell one as the boat wax. I buy the insulator wax since I can get it locally. I use it on everything. Thumbup.gif

Great, Thanks. I picked up some insulator wax this weekend because I have not seen the 925 locally. I'll give it a shot, hope to see great results.

Great, Thanks. I picked up some insulator wax this weekend because I have not seen the 925 locally. I'll give it a shot, hope to see great results.

Yep, it's hard to find 925 locally unless a marina is stocking it. Our local Trader Horn (hardware store) stock insulator wax. Thumbup.gif

Good luck - I'm betting you'll dig it.

Just finished 925ing the boat. I swear I am going to get another 5 MPH out of it next season!!! Stuff is pretty great.

LOL.gif I always think the same. I sure do like how the boat beads water when I pull it out.

Thanks man. I've been looking ahead to having kiddos and debating if I should sell it and buy an 4 door Ecoboost F150. Tough decision for sure! A new truck just doesn't have the character a restored 71' does....and I don't have a truck payment Thumbup.gif

Get the Ecoboost and keep the '71! It's an absolute classic.

Get the Ecoboost and keep the '71! It's an absolute classic.

It sure crossed my mind! I would hate to see it go. Cry.gif It is as close to spotless as I have seen. The guy who did the frame off on it did a great job.

I was blown away they are asking over $40k for an FX4 F150 with the Ecoboost V6! Selling the old girl would help put a dent in that truck!

It sure crossed my mind! I would hate to see it go. Cry.gif It is as close to spotless as I have seen. The guy who did the frame off on it did a great job.

I was blown away they are asking over $40k for an FX4 F150 with the Ecoboost V6! Selling the old girl would help put a dent in that truck!

I know what you mean. We just got an Explorer and the sticker was $47k! Just insane. It's an awfully nice ride, but man......it's rich. I looked at the F-150 and while the sticker price is high, there are incentives on them where there are none on the Explorer. I have a friend who leased a 2011 F-150 for three years and has a tolerable payment.

Edit: Sorry for the thread jack.

Edited by inlandlaker
  • 7 months later...

Does anybody get a light film when using the 925? I sometimes have a hard time getting the film off. I mean tons and tons of scrubbing. It should not be that difficult, RIGHT?

Does anybody get a light film when using the 925? I sometimes have a hard time getting the film off. I mean tons and tons of scrubbing. It should not be that difficult, RIGHT?

You may be applying too much of the material if it's that difficult to get off. It's typically a little tough, but not that bad.

or leaving it on there too long. Thats one thing I always have to remind myself when using collinite's, do NOT let it dry!

So you are saying do not use it like normal wax where you let it haze up and then wipe it off?

So you are saying do not use it like normal wax where you let it haze up and then wipe it off?

correct...back says to do in 2'x2' section. you can go a little bit bigger than that but do not let it dry.